The Last Post of January 2008

Well, this has been some month!

In some ways it was great, but for the most part, greatness came in the tail-end of it and not for the rest. My birthday was okay, the New Year was okay, work has been a rollercoaster, and home has been okay. I can say that the squad life was better than okay and kept me going for all the rest. We had a call tonight, but no patient - it was a CO alarm. But, credit is credit and I think for this month, I put in about ten or eleven calls. And there are still two hours left of this shift and anyone who does this knows that a LOT can happen in two hours!

I was surprised to discover that despite the dearth of riding and calls last year, I still logged 75 calls. While that is a low number, the first year I logged 69 calls, the second 89 calls and then over 200 in 2005. I don't remember what I logged for 2006, but I believe it was in the 80s. Hey, that is my average when working. The over 200 calls were made because I worked only seven months in 2005, which left me covering a lot of day time calls. This year I would like to log in over 100 calls - it is nice to do so and I would feel a bit more useful as well. I will say that the last two Thursdays I was able to ride full shifts and that allowed me to log in two more calls that I would not have made riding only 1800 to midnight.

Oddly enough, the one Thursday I got coverage, there was nothing. I did not miss a single call!

This morning I saw Venus and Jupiter coming into conjunction and it was my beacon to work and to feeling better. I have had a rough time of things lately but to see that... there is so much joy to be found in seeing that! Venus is a show-stopper this year, bright enough to shine and flicker brightly through the morning light and Jupiter, while a good magnitude, is not close to the brilliance of our sister planet. But they are lining up quite nicely.

Tomorrow morning is when they are in conjunction, but the weather forecast makes me think I will not see it.

So, here it is the end of the first month in 2008. Here's to February being more successful all around!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...