Is Weather.com Confused?

The same Web site that has a heavy snow warning has a winter storm watch for us. I think someone is confused. Seriously confused.

If you are confused, that is different - you may not know the difference between a watch and a warning. But I live meteorology and I still have my NOAA radio and carefully watch the NOAA.gov and Weather.com sites. We might not know the difference, but I guarantee you, the folks working for these sites and channels and in meteorology offices do know the difference.

A watch is along the lines of "be warned that some adverse weather may come your way", while a warning is definitely a stronger message: "we almost guarantee that you will get some poor weather conditions".

Hmmmm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...