The Last Post of November

Now... how scary is that?

When did it become December? How did the last eleven just zip by? I must say that while there were some really good points and accomplishments and positive things that happened this year, there were some really huge, life-altering, megative events that shattered the comfortable, happy, blessed life that I had. And sure, there are people who have had a much worse year than I; but this was a really bad one for me.

At the end of the last few years, I hear myself saying it will be a new year and it will be great. Everything will be different. Yes, I was right about one thing. Everything was certainly different. And not really in a good, happy, the lights are shining, everyone's smiling kind of way. I don't want to say that this New Year's Eve. In fact, I think I will ride on New Years Eve just to not think about these things!

Regardless, I can't believe the year is careening to a close. Did I miss it? How'd pass by so quickly?

I don't know. I do know that I need to get many strings of coloured Christmas tree lights - for the tree we don't yet have and for the windows around the house.

Well.... HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Comments

CrystalChick said…
We spent a week in Cancun, just got back late Saturday night and didn't really think about the holidays while away. I had done much of our shopping before we left so I wouldn't have to worry it wasn't getting done.
And who can really think about Christmas and New Years while sipping champagne and looking out over the beautiful blue waters and enjoying 85 degree weather anyway. Of course flying back into Philly with the snow flurries and cold weather sure reminded us of how close the end of the year is.

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...