Astrology Reading Material and My Workout

Nick Stokes (George Eads) on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation is hot.

...oops, sorry. He's on the telly now changing his shirt. Yowza. This has nothing to do with the post, however...

I went to the gym after work and instead of the tackling the "evil ellipticle" - and it is evil - I went for the treadmill. I was waffling between the treadmill and the bicycle, but when I was downstairs heading for the locker room, I saw a woman walking fast and reading and the decision was made - almost with volition. Very easy.

I had bid on and won The Complete Idiot's Guide to Astrology, and it arrived, um, about a week ago or so. Maybe "or so"... I can't keep track of the days. I began reading it and was sucked in.

You must be wondering about this. Gods know, I am! I love the ethereal and want to know more about it; but I'm scientific enough to be the first to scoff at this. Love the knowledge, belittle the thinking. It is not a science and I'm too pragmatic to buy it. And yet, when I began walking and reading this, I finally checked how long I'd been walking...

...52 minutes! Fifty-two! Nearly an hour! YAHOO!

I was hooked; completely! How amazing is that?

I have to admit that not a soul I know fits the description of anyone I know. I'm into um... Libras, I think. I don't seem to know many Librans, which is surprising, since as a fellow air sign I supposed to get on with them well.

I know some very basics (prior to reading this book):

I'm an Aquarius
My ruling planet is Uranus
I'm an air sign (ironic, since it is the Water bearer)
I get along with other air signs, Gemini and Libra
Luis is a double Gemini (woohoo!)
I can't remember the other stuff I learned when I took Wicca 101



Wiccans love this stuff. Makes sense, if you know about Wicca. I know enough to love it and respect it as a cool, open-minded religion, which so few are and so I find admirable. However, I am not religious per se as again, that is an unbelievable leap of faith for pragmatic me. So while astrology is fascinating, it is kind of a hocus-pocus thing, too. Keep in mind that I am an astronomer - that is science, pure and not simple. I am not one to think any science is simple.

I'm interested to know what my exact astrological... uh, whaddya call it. Hmmm. Geez, I was just reading this, too! Duh... chart, that's it. I know I'm an Aquarius, but there are two other signs (ascending and descending) and houses (way too confusing right off the bat), and I am curious to know how that supposedly affects me being me.

I hate to think that anything outside affects me being me. However, I will admit a connection to the heavenly bodies, it is just a different one...

Let me see if I can find a free astrological "reading"; one can find nearly anything online.

Ye gods. I pulled up http://www.alabe.com/, put in my birthdate, time and location (yes, I know that information - I love my birthday!), and got this:



I can't read this. I have absolutely no idea at what I'm looking. If anyone knows, feel free to tell me! (For $25 they offered to mail me the full magillah. I turned that down...)

See what else there is...

Oh, wait! There's more! Look at this! (Let's pick this apart, shall we? I so love dissecting things.)
"Name: Aislinge
January 26 1968
10:39 AM Time Zone is EST
Manhattan, NY

Rising Sign is in 26 Degrees Aries
You are a free spirit and you must be first at everything you do. Very energetic, self-assertive and active, things must be done your way. Even though you may feel calm and serene on the inside, you certainly do not act that way. You want to do everything full-tilt, 100 miles per hour! A great competitor, but a poor cooperator -- you must learn how to lose more gracefully. Very self-confident, ambitious and passionate, you radiate positive energy. You are blunt and direct, but at times unfeeling and tactless, especially if anyone offers you any resistance. You fight for your beliefs, but your tendency to act first and think later often causes you much grief.

OK, I can't argue with being a free spirit, stubborn to huge fault, self-confident, passionate, and radiating energy (I feel I can be a lot more positive than I am, but the Security Director almost finds my positiveness nauseating... go figure). I'm not a great cooperator, but I'm learning all the time. Being in HR has definitely strenghtened that flaw. I'm not a great competitor, I'm an okay one only... I'm more calm and serene inside than I was, but do I appear frenetic to others...? I'm not sure. The last statement is painfully, painfully true. I almost always have a gut reaction first, think later approach to things. I have overcome that to a large degree, but it still happens a little too regularly...

Blunt and direct, tactless, that is me - all over. I have made strides on being more tactful, but honestly, I feel that when I am talking to employees and laying out the real issues, it is better to be right up front with the actions that brought us to this point, what the company's feelings are and what the next steps are. If you hem and haw and are not honest about this, and not really blunt and paint a painfully clear picture, how can things possibly be turned around? I like my bluntness and would not pass up life as myself that way.

Sun is in 05 Degrees Aquarius
You get bored with the status quo and are generally open to new things and ideas. An individualist and a free spirit, your friends are quite important to you as long as they do not try to tie you down by making too many emotional demands on you. Your thoughts are offbeat and you're a bit eccentric, but not always very changeable. As a matter of fact, you can be quite stubborn at times. Very fair-minded when dealing with large groups or broad issues, you are not always emotionally sensitive to the needs of individuals. Extremely objective, with good powers of observation, you would be qualified to study technical and complicated subjects, like science, computers or maybe even astrology.

I do like new ideas. No arguement. I love my friends, and they mean a lot to me, but am I really not okay with emotional demands? I don't know... I would qualify that by saying I am less okay with emotional demands from acquaintances, but open completely to it from close friends. I have a lot of acquaintances but only a small pool of close friends. I'm a bit eccentric? Ask my manager to qualify that. He thinks I'm nuts (in a good way). I think I'm very sensitive to others at work. In my personal life... not as sure. I suppose my friends and family are better qualified to answer that than I...

Oof. The last line is completely inaccurate. Computers? Too technical. Astrology? I suspect it would go a lot further if I were a true believer. I'm a peripheral believer who likes the idea...

Moon is in 26 Degrees Sagittarius
An idealist, you prefer the grand, the beautiful, the good and the noble. You get very disappointed when your high expectations in life are not met. Very curious by nature, you enjoy traveling and learning about other peoples and cultures. Try to avoid your tendency to ignore the small but important details of living. You are independent and free, and you want others to be that way, too. Optimistic, buoyant and cheerful, others like to have you around. You have an incessant desire to learn as much as possible about metaphysics, religion, philosophy and any other broad, deep subject. Your life tends to be punctuated by bursts of energy and frenetic activity.

I'm not sure how to translate this: An idealist, you prefer the grand, the beautiful, the good and the noble. Too vague and undetailed, this did not give me a clear idea of that means.

Mercury is in 23 Degrees Aquarius
You tend to be very opinionated -- you have strongly felt notions about things and are quite vocal about expressing and defending them. Yet you are also an original thinker -- you enjoy shocking others with your offbeat, original thoughts. You appreciate and need mental and intellectual stimulation. Your judgment is usually fair and impartial -- you can be a good critic because you can remain objective and unemotional about most things.

I am very opinionated. However, if someone presents a much better view point about something, I am willing to here this. I can be reasoned with. In going over this paragraph, it is quite apparent that this is very descriptive of me.

Venus is in 29 Degrees Sagittarius
You are very aware of the need to maintain a high sense of morality in a relationship. Your loyalty and interest will remain constant in any relationship (either friendly, personal or business) that is based on fairness, honesty and justice. But you will become greatly hurt and disappointed if the other person takes any but the high road with you. Also, you cannot tolerate anyone being overly emotionally possessive of you. You are known for your friendly, outspoken manner.

Hmmm. I disagree with most of this assessment - I am not a real "high road" kind of person. I am not interested in others being emotionally possessive of me.

Mars is in 13 Degrees Pisces
Very sensitive and vulnerable, it is difficult for you to assert yourself. At times, you feel quite tired and you will require a lot of sleep in order to maintain your health and your strength. You are at your best when you act without your ego being important. You can be very unselfish and considerate of the needs of others. You get the most satisfaction by giving to others when you expect nothing in return. Beware of a tendency to want always to work behind the scenes or to become overly deceptive by doing things behind others' backs.

I do sleep a lot. More than the typical person. My ego is a great way to trip myself up, so I avoid allowing it to trip me up. Ill beware of the other stuff. Most of my job is helping people without expecting anything in return - well, above and beyond my salary... But I am an EMT, and that has a paycheck of zero. Zero dollars an hour... a minute. The excitement, the helping people, the satisfaction of telling them that this is a free service. What more is there in life than this?

Jupiter is in 03 Degrees Virgo
You feel most expansive and at ease with yourself when you are doing something that you consider to be practical or useful. You enjoy being dutiful and carrying out responsibilities. You gladly take on the little tasks that others seem to want to avoid. At times, you carry things to extremes and feel guilty anytime you do something that you consider to be self-indulgent. While it is appropriate for you to demand little for yourself in life, try to loosen up once in a while -- go out on a fling and enjoy yourself!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I won my bid for the Iraqi notes and I need to see if he has left me feedback. Then it is time for bed!

Yes, I like being practical. I'm not always that way, but mostly. I love doing the work that I do and it is all little detail things. I usually can push back when someone tries to hand off their work to me, but I do get bogged down in doing little things for others... sometimes to my detriment. The only time I really feel guilty is when I take off from work. Isn't that insane!

I don't think I have any trouble enjoying life - at work, on calls, at home, traveling - I am always making the most of everything and enjoying everything. Life is too short to not do that.

Saturn is in 07 Degrees Aries
You are aloof, independent and standoffish. This is mainly due to your fear that others might inhibit or restrict you and, quite frankly, you feel that you can govern your life by your own standards. Be careful not to associate with those who are overly critical of you or you will withdraw so deeply into your shell that you will become very lonely. You have the ability to stand on your own two feet and to make up your own mind -- albeit very carefully and cautiously. But you are known for your circumspection and therefore are respected and admired.

I am aloof, very independent - mostly - and I can be standoffish. I do govern my life by my own standards. I just don't always like to get bogged down by others' issues. Maybe that is the same thing as above, but I don't know. I doubt I'm known for my circumspection... highly.

Uranus is in 28 Degrees Virgo
You, and all your peers, will be known for the degree of intensity with which you dislike normal everyday routines and chores. You will go out of your way to invent innovative, unique and timesaving ways to perform the various mundane routines and duties of living. You will be attracted to all manner of practical and useful gadgets -- anything that will make your daily life more exciting.

Daily life... well... I need some order and routine, but I need some differences, too. I like a mix. And I'm not too worried about my day being boring. That almost never happens.

Neptune is in 26 Degrees Scorpio
You, and your entire generation, are extremely interested in anything deep and mysterious. You will explore and idealize the benefits that can accrue from the study of the occult, healing and psychology. You are willing to experiment with substances like drugs in order to push your understanding of your inner being to the extreme.

I do like occult-type stuff, I love medical stuff and definitely psychology! OK, that is true enough. I'm not that eager to try drugs, though. I got as far as marijuana, when I was 19 - I hated it. I won't touch the stronger drugs - cocaine, crack, heroin - I worry that my personality is too addictive (a known fact) to try anything like that.

Pluto is in 22 Degrees Virgo
For your entire generation, this will be a time when profound changes in society's attitude toward work, duty and responsibility will be initiated. Radical changes in attitudes toward personal health and general nutrition will be promulgated and gain wide acceptance and practice.

OK, that is a little freaky. I just started losing weight like crazy (not without a boatload of work - this is not something strange that just began happening, this is purposeful). I'm down a lot of weight. I'm not thin by any stretch and this afternoon was BAAAAAD - Hawai'ian pizza and four rolls of Smarties. Before you moan and say, "gads, she ruined it now!" I used to eat much, much more than four rolls in one sitting! I am back to the right food, by the way. My dessert was the sugar- and fat-free pudding. Still... wow. How'd they know that? Oh, wait - it's a generalisation.

Not that they're wrong, the society in general is finally noticing that Americans are by nature fat! And that serving sizes are too big. Now, if only actual change would happen...

N. Node is in 22 Degrees Aries

You're at your most comfortable when involved in group activities outside of your immediate family circle. You delight in getting involved with others in neighborhood civic or political activities, especially if you can be a part of the leadership of the group. Your zeal and overabundant energy bring out your real creativity when you can work toward tangible results -- things that will immediately benefit those around you. You have a real gift for getting the most out of charity drives and community benefits. Take time out between projects though, because you tire out easily and your effectiveness becomes greatly diminished when your energy is depleted. Also, don't even think of trying to get involved at a peripheral level -- you need a total commitment to feel personally fulfilled. Let others bake the cookies and set up the chairs -- you should be the one to tell everyone what to do and when to do it!

Oops, I don't have any drive for charities like at a group thing. I do my EMT stuff, but that is different. I do tire out easily, but that is the muscular dystrophy. I disavow any direct responisibility for that (it's my mother's fault. She carries the gene and has it, too), ha, ha. I try not to be the manager outside of work. It's tiring enough doing it just at work.

If you would like a detailed (approx 30 page) interpretation of your astrological profile which includes your houses, aspects, and major trends in your chart - or if you would like other reports or readings that depict your life and the influences that you are under for any specific dates - See our chart service offerings at http://alabe.com/chartservice or contact us at 1-800-THE-NOVA for prices and information."

An interesting dichotomy. Both accurate and inaccurate. I suspect with that level of detail, it would be a crapshoot and 50/50. I think I'm right. I also think pidgeon-holing people is not that easy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...