Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
1. Do you enjoy holidays like Halloween or is your approach more robotic? I love Hallowe'en! I dress up as much as possible. I revel in it. It's also Samhain, the New Year, so I enjoy it as a holiday, too.
2. Have you ever been to a haunted house? Not in many, many years, although I've been in plenty of houses that are haunted and not advertised as such. I suppose most houses over a certain age are haunted, though.
3. What are you doing for Halloween this year? Well, Greg and I were supposed to go to the Chiller Theatre in Parsippany on Sunday, 30 October, but the snow storm on 29 October screwed it up for both of us - him more than me, but still... so we will go in May 2012.
4. What was your lamest Halloween costume ever? I don't think I have ever had a lame costume. When I was a kid, Ray made them and did a hell of a job. As an adult I always took it as far as I could, as well. No regrets!
5. Is handing out candy fun for you, or more of a nightmare? Oh, no, that I don't do. One year, someone's kid saw the cat and ran into the house to pet it! The same day, some teenagers bigger than me and not at all dressed up came to the door and I decided to close shop permanently. Since then, however, we get very few trick-or-treaters, but I don't do it anyway.
6. Do you buy trick-or-treat candy and end up eating it yourself? I don't. My husband does. Ate everything after buying six bags, which is crazy, since we don't get six trick-or-treaters.
7. Did you carve any pumpkins this year? Yes, I carved one of the two pumpkins I got this year. I love carving pumpkins!
8. What was your favorite costume as a child? I dressed up as Adam Ant in high school and really loved it. I was the only one. It was a wonderful costume. In middle school one year, Ray made me a really cool piece of headgear so I could be an alien. It was a great costume. I wore a white leotard and leggings and boots and had this cardboard covered in tin foil headpiece that was totally original. He always did such a good job on that!
9. What is your biggest pet peeve about trick-or-treaters? I just don't like kids. And after the above-mentioned nightmares, I had less than no desire to do that.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!