Sunday Stealing - The Bud is Back Meme

The Bud is Back Meme

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme. Let's go!!!

Today we ripped off a blogger named Firecat from the blog Party in My Head. He doesn't state where he got it. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Take the time to comment on other player's posts. It's a great way to make new friends! Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!



Sunday Stealing: The Bud is Back Meme

Cheers to all of us thieves!


1. Why did you sign up for writing your blog? Well, in August 2005 there was an article in People Magazine about 40-year-old virgins and I had some comments. I'd been thinking about a blog, but then when I read some people's comments about the pros of holding onto their virginity for so long, I HAD to say my piece. So I did. It was a slow start, but then I really built up speed. While I worked, it was hit or miss, but now, with all this free retired time, why not blog? And a lot!

2. Why did you choose your blog's name? What does it mean? It has gone through a few reiterations and will undoubtedly again. It started as Traislinge's Tea Kettle, because I always love to talk over tea. The second name... what was it? Something about the Moon, the Sun, etc. Currently it is called Living in the World, Not on It, because so many people do just live on the world. They don't see the beauty in the small things, in sunrises and sunsets and the Moon and the night sky... etc. I feel badly for people like that... and there are far too many.

3. Do you ever had another blog? Very briefly, on another site, but I never really did anything with it. One is enough.

4. What do you do online when you're not on your blog? Go through and answer e-mail, conduct business, research, a little Facebook... stuff like that.

5. How about when you're not on the computer? I do a lot; reading, writing letters, organising, working on jigsaw puzzles, watching movies or shows, going out for a short walk, working on the new rig, etc.

6. What do you wish people who read your blog knew about you? Well, it is all there except for my sex life, which no one needs to know about. So, no, not really.

7. What is your favorite community in the blogosphere? Uh, I guess that means other blogs. My top, top favourite is www.patrickhillips.com, called Patrick's Place: Regular Doses of Common Sense. It is the best of the best. I highly recommend it.

8. What is your philosophy on your blog layout? Space, the final frontier...

9. Tell me about your picture you use to represent you on your blog. I took that image. It is the Sun rising over the Heavy Rescue squad house. It was a gorgeous morning and the Sun looked just amazing. So I took a series of images and picked this one. It represents my love of astronomy and nature and living in the world.

10. Pick 3 random blogs from your blogroll and tell us about them. Interesting. Well, there is of course Patrick's Place, which is great. Then there is The Wonderful World of Nothing, by Michael Christelman, who writes very funny and sarcastic bits. He's kind of a miracle guy, really. He wrote non-stop and then suddenly stopped for five months. It turns out he'd had a stroke! He's young for a stroke, younger than I am. But he's writing again! He's one of my heroes. And the third... Cogitatione aliquid percipere. He doesn't write any longer and has not for a long time, but what a delightful writer! I wish he would write.

11. What features do you think your blog should have that it doesn't currently? Oh, easy one. People who are on Word Press can sign up for LiveFyre, and it is a wonderful service. I highly recommend it. I use Blogger and have for so many years, that I am not willing to switch or attempt to upload or transfer well over 2100 posts to this, so no LiveFyre for me... a pity.

12. What do you consider the 10 most "telling" interests that we would infer from what you blog persona? Well, I answer a lot of memes, so there is a lot to read. I suppose it is easy to see that I am not dealing well with retirement (it is actually permanent disability, so not so glamourous, really); I love astronomy; people can drive me crazy (the ones I refer to as the "lowest common denominator"); I love being an EMT, even though I cannot actively ride; I miss my old life; I am an artist; I get a lot out of books and music; I get a lot of material from People Magazine; I enjoy life in general, despite my specific issues; two more things, right...? Um... I don't know. I'm sure there are two more things, but I cover a huge range of items.

13. Do you have any unique interests that you have never shared before? What are they? I'm pretty sure they are all on the blog somewhere.

14. The best thing about blogging is all of the friends that you make, Beside from those folks, do you think your blog has fans? It has about 24... unless something changed. Hold on... I'm wrong. I have 31! That is really quite wonderful. I love the idea that I have regular readers. Especially with some of the of the torturous long posts I write or the staggering amount of memes I fill out. I really do love that - thanks, guys!

15. What's your current obsession? What about it captures your imagination? Well, as above, buying the new ambulance. I have learned more about rigs than I ever thought I could. Bob has been instrumental in this and so has working with both PL Custom and Horton (we went with PL Custom). They are located in Manasquan, about an hour or so from here and I will be there a lot once we go forward with production. I can't wait! It's all very exciting. (Thank you to Frank Beshears, the man you want to see for a new rig!)

16. What are you glad you did but haven't really had a chance to post about? It's all sexual and it's all mine. That is how it remains.

17. How many people that first became a blog friend, have you met face to face? Face to face? None, as yet. But I will meet two that I know well some day. Mary and Patrick. They are wonderful people.

18. What don't you talk about here, either because it's too personal or because you don't have the energy? Well, we covered that. I also keep one or two other bits out, because it is current or the people it would cover might misinterpret or misunderstand it is just me venting.

19. What's a question that you'd love to answer? Try me. There are very few I don't answer!

20. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and regretted it? Um... probably. I'm not sure. Facebook, yes, but not so much with blogging.

21. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and thought, “Was that overdue!” Sure, hasn't everyone?

Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Stop back and visit other player’s posts. That is really what this is all about, making new friends! Have a great week. See you next Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...