Saturday Six - Episode #396

A few weeks ago, I asked players of the Sunday Seven to list seven questions they’d ask me if we had dinner. I don’t know if they suspected that I would ever turn the tables on them by asking their questions on the Saturday Six, but I couldn’t resist.

If you have a Reader’s Choice question you’d like to see asked (and answered), send me an email! I’d love to include it in a future edition of the Saturday Six.

After all, I’m resting up for the 400th edition coming up in a few weeks! So here are a few of the questions meant for me.

(And yes, I’ll get around to answering them myself this week!)

Thanks for dropping by and I hope you enjoy this week’s set of questions!

Be sure to check back this week and click on the links of bloggers who play along in the comments below! It’s a great way to find blogs you may not have visited and keep the conversation going!

Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your blog… But don’t forget to leave a link to your blog so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!

1. From Aislínge: What is your favorite food? Well, well. I seem to have gone down in the annals of questions on your blog - thank you!

My favourite food was (and I will explain that) pineapple fried rice. I am boycotting it now because my favourite and only place to get it has taken out all of the vegetables from it which I did not eat but added flavour none-the-less in an effort to make more money. If I want vegetables in a dish that is supposed to have them anyway, I need to pay extra to get organic vegetables. I refuse. I hate the organic movement - it is a total sham and just another way to fleece consumers. I am really ticked off about this. This was a $16.00 dish - that isn't enough?

And I bet you thought this would be an innocuous question!

2. From Strange: Who were your heroes or people you looked up to when you were young? Hmmm, this an interesting one. I have to say foremost that my favourite authors are all my heroes and a large art of my love of writing: Madeleine L'Engle of course is my number one; followed by Andy Rooney, Anne McCafferey, David Eddings, Diane Duane, and so, so many others. Spock was always one of my heroes: half human, half Vulcan and the best of both worlds. U2, Adam and the Ants, many bands were my heroes: they sung about having strength and gave me the strength I needed to get through my childhood. I have a lot of heroes.

3. From Cat.: What’s the best part about your job? The best part of my Human Resources job was being there for people; helping new people to settle into new positions, helping those with issues to improve; helping those on their way to new opportunities make the transition easier. Being an EMT... well, it was helping those really going through the worst times of their lives. What else is there?

4. From Aislínge: What is the one thing for which you are most grateful to your parents? My parents were amazing when I was growing up. When I was a teenager, they said to me, "We know you are going to start trying things out. You'll want to maybe drink, become sexually active, try drugs, whatever. We want you to be in the house doing this instead of in the backseat of a car so that if anything gets out of hand, you can yell for help." Tell me those weren't the coolest parents ever. There was none of this threatening that so many of my friends heard from their unenlightened parents, such as getting thrown out of the house because you had sex - at all.

5. From Aislínge: What was/is the one thing your parents did that most made you angry? The same things that seemed to work so well on me did not work at all on them. My mother first began caving in to the muscular dystrophy some 20 or so years ago, about the same time she began her willful campaign to give her adult-onset diabetes the big buggeroff. But she never did that. She ate all kinds of shit with sugar and demanded sugar-filled foods from Ray, who was her enabler. I kept telling Ray to not buy her all kinds of sugar product, but he kept right on doing it, because it was easier to cave in and give her those bad foods. The doctors all began describing how she will have the first of many strokes and that will be the end of life as we know it. Not even a year later this happened. I'm still angry now, three years later, as she is completely paralyzed on the right and can't speak (aphasia) and she is bloody abusive to Ray and to the woman who comes three days a week for three hours day and is just a horror to the people giving her care.

6. From Strange: What is your favorite time of year and why? Always autumn, always - even though it presages winter, easily the hardest season for me, it is the most lovely season.


If you have a Reader’s Choice question you’d like to see asked (and answered), send me an email! I’d love to include it in a future edition of the Saturday Six.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...