Sunday Stealing - The Madness Meme, Part I
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme. Let's go!!!
Today we ripped off a blogger named Tense Teacher from the blog Tense for a Reason. It's long so we'll do it in two parts. She stole it from The Coffee Table. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Take the time to comment on other player's posts. It's a great way to make new friends! Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Sunday Stealing: The Madness Meme, Part 1
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. Have you ever licked the back of a CD to try to get it to work? Eeeeiiiuuuwww, no. Why would that work? How icky!
2. What’s the largest age difference between yourself and someone you’ve dated? Not very large. I did try to seduce someone who was about 19 years older than I was... I was 19, and I wasn't looking for a relationship. I just had a bad yen for this person!
3. Ever been in a car wreck? Yes, I have. Please refer to post dated March 2006, entitled "Sometimes Life Gives You Lessons Wrapped in Ridiculous Packaging" - it tells the whole sordid little tale.
4. Were you popular in high school? The complete and exact opposite.
5. Have you ever been on a blind date? Once. A mistake I will never repeat.
6. Are looks important? In the end, no. If that were the case, no one would date me! I've discovered over time, people's looks change. If someone who at first look is really good-looking or beautiful and then after a couple more conversations, this person is a real downer (I don't want to say, "bitch", but the same thing), well, their looks are no longer aesthetically pleasing - at least, not to me. Does that make sense?
7. Do you have any friends that you’ve known for 10 years or more? Oh, sure - several! Some of the best people are people I've known a very long time!
8. By what age would you like to be married? I could care less. I've been with Luis for 22 years, that's married!
9. Does the number of people a person’s slept with affect your view of them? Yes.
10. Have you ever made a mistake? Seriously?
11. Are you a good tipper? Yes, I am a very good tipper. Luis is not as generous.
12. What’s the most you have spent for a haircut? Um... I don't know. I've been going to Lucy for years and she is up to $60 for a cut and colour. I've never paid a lot for haircut.
13. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher? Has anyone NOT had a crush on a teacher?
14. Have you ever peed in public? Absolutely not. As a woman, how would I do it?
15. What song do you want played at your funeral? Um, let's see... I would have a whole list! We'd start with the Squirrel Nut Zipper's song Hell and take it from there!
16. Would you tell your parents if you were gay? "I'm in love with another woman." My parents would be very supportive.
17. What would your last meal be before getting executed? Well, there is a question one doesn't see every day. I would have an Asian chicken salad (grilled) with mixed field greens, mandarin orange slices and extra dressing and then I would have some pistachios with shells but not dyed red and for dessert fresh berries in cream. What isn't perfect about that?
18. Beatles or Stones? I do like the Rolling Stones, but I grew up listening to the Beatles! So it will always be Beatles first and foremost.
19. If you had to pick one person on earth to die, who would it be? In the 1930s (had we seen what was coming, it would have been Adolf Hitler. Following him, Josef Stalin. In the 1950s... Senator Joseph McCarthy (few would have missed this moron). In the 1960s, I suppose Mao Zedong. In 1979 the Ayatollah Khomeini and his mommy issues would need to be given an early grave. It seems that two of the most evil men are gone, now: Saddam Hussien and Osama bin Laden, so who does that leave? I could say the leader of North Korea, but we need to do away with the Communist Leaders of the People's Republic of China, too.
20. Beer, wine or hard liquor? None, thanks. I will stick with water and the occasional fruit juice.
21. Do you have any phobias? Yes, arachnophobia. I just cannot get around that one and only phobia!
22. What are your plans for the future? I never know until the future arrives.
Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Stop back and visit other player’s posts. That is really what this is all about, making new friends! Have a great week. See you next Sunday!