August Blues

Some times one just has the blues. These blues are specifically the August Blues. Maybe the "Cat night" blues, I don't know. I just know that I have them.

I'm disjointed, out-of-sorts, kind of blah, not my usual cheery self. The first two weeks of this month were extremely difficult; this week was so much the opposite that it is a let-down. Not that I wanted a third week of hell and insanity, but this is a swing too far in the other direction. Suddenly I have had a brief glimpse into the world of the manic depressive...

All the riding is catching up with me. This is not to say that I don't enjoy it - I do! I love it. I have some weak areas and I have some very strong areas. I like the excitement of going on calls. But at the same time, I'm stuck in town, I feel like I'm not able to really relax, I'm keeping a schedule that is completely foriegn to me and then if it is a busy night, I'm worthless the next day. This is not a good feeling. I have been pushing myself too hard, and I think that this is the reason for the last two days of severe back pain. I'm tired of taking a pain medication for it, too. I hate that feeling that comes with taking heavy-duty narcotics.

On the other hand, it beats being in constant pain!

I am planning for my vacation in October; I'm looking forward to the Employee/Caddy Day at work; I'm looking forward to the two concerts remaining; I'm looking forward to the Parsippany Fall Festival; I'm looking forward to the few days I can make it to the Ren Faire.
I'm really, really looking forward to September and the advent of Autumn. That is a high intensity period for me. Everyone else gets spring fever; I get autumn fever. But right now, it is an in-between time for me. It is still summer, but showing tantalizing signs of fall. The season is strong, but there is no traffic and not a lot of golfers and things are slowing dramatically at work. Next week will be the aeration week (which I also look forward to - from a purely scientific and curiosity point of view), but that also means heaps of people will be on vacation as well.

(This is a good thing and I should not complain - this should make the payroll that I run on Monday, 27 August go very smoothly and I would prefer that it does, so that I may enjoy the EE/Caddy Day, too.)

My back still hurts. I should take off a day now, but I am holding out for September...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...