Long & Loud Storms

Last night and this morning was a lot louder and crazier than I had thought they would be when I posted last night. Apparently, that storm was just the opening act.

Right after - and I mean right after - the storm began to pick up in intensity. More lightning, a lot more thunder and pouring rain. I ended up turning off the television, both to prevent a problem if the power went out and to watch the storm. It was very strong, very fiery. And eventually I fell asleep, around 2300.

At 2345, all hell broke loose.

A reverberating CRASH! woke me from a dead sleep. I wasn't sure it was thunder at first. We don't live in a valley that would create the kind of booming percussion that assaulted my ears. Luis has been sick (from Matthew, that sweet kid who incubated a cold that has for Luis been a major illness), so he was asleep and did not hear a thing. I can't believe he slept through it. I did not. It sounded like an explosion.

It might have been, because very soon after both 69 and our rig went out (their third or fourth call last night). Cops were racing down North Beverwyck. I don't know what happened, but it could have been lightning striking a tree or something. I don't know but it is hard to imagine that this was just a very loud peal of thunder.

The storm went on for quite some time, long and loud and beyond the opening act and the first storm that rolled through. And there was a second explosive crash as well, that startled both myself and Ariel, who was fairly attached to me. She doesn't like thunderstorms. She was not as bad with this one as others, but that blast was startling.

So much for a low-level storm...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...