Suddenly Feeling Hopeful!

I went this morning to get the x-rays taken, which was a great experience; the technician, Jeff, was really great - personable, funny, knowledgeable and very anal about making sure that the scans came out really perfect, no blurs or issues. It was interesting, too, to see how far the technology has come. The table under me held the "films" although I don't know if they are really films anymore. The machine that goes over the table can be adjusted up and down, and moves on rails for very easy adjustment. The machinery is small and not noisy. Technology is an incredible thing.

I got the scans on a disc and called Betsy to let her know I was heading over. I drove over to Biomed, and brought her the disc, and she had me come up to her cubicle. I found myself remembering the companies I'd worked for with cubicle-lands. I found myself smiling - the place was a beautifully designed place, but cold. Not temperature cold, but cold, austere, all squares and hard lines and little cubicles. I don't miss that at all.

Anyway, Betsy transferred the scans over to another disc and pulled them up on her computer. She had a coworker, a very nice guy, who apparently is really versed in looking at spinal scans and he did not see any signs of a herniation or old trauma to the spine.

WAHOO!

No herniation. I thought my knees were going to give out from the naked relief I felt. It washed over me like a wave. I was smiling, I know that. Oh, the relief. The unbelievable relief. As though a huge weight was lifted from me. I almost cried, I was so relieved.

And now, despite the pain, despite the not having an answer for this, despite knowing that there may be an MRI and more tests and doctors visits down the road, I know what I don't have - a herniated disc!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...