Another Unsatisfying Medical Experience

I am consistently being led astray by the medical community. Or I'm being put off on a regular basis... I am still having trouble with my back. Shocking. It's been 12 days and nothing is working, but then again, all I have had done is have drugs thrown at me. It's beyond old now. How long am I supposed to go down this road?

I went to my doctor on Friday, 17 August, was twisted twice like a pretzel and given the muscle relaxant - whatever it was called - and told to put heat on it. Then on Saturday I went to the hospital (not by bus, but by Luis in my car (a strange experience, being a passenger in my own vehicle). The doctor felt around my back a little bit, recommended heat and gave me scripts for percocet and Valium (yikes). More drugs.

Today I called up my doctor and he is away on vacation. He gave the information for a covering doctor at the Montville Medical Associates. I called them and got an appointment for this afternoon. I was ushered into a room, had my vitals checked, then left alone for a bit. Then the doctor came in. She was a young, pleasant woman. She ran her hands down my back in a couple of places, said that there really isn't much to do. I ended up with a script to have an x-ray of my back taken... an x-ray... what the hell for?! An MRI at least would show everything, while an x-ray only shows bones and lung opacities. How is that helpful?

They don't do x-rays there. I have to call a couple of different places and see if they'll take my insurance. Wahoo. Unbelievable.

So this is it, this is the wonder of modern medicine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...