More Stormy Weather!

I awoke this morning, not from Luis stirring or my alarm gently playing "Don't Panic" by Coldplay, but to the staccato sound of rain beating with resolution against the north window of our bedroom!

Thunderstorms are not unusual in this part of the country. Rain is not unusual in this part of the country, either. Thunderstorms at 0420 are unusual... and not just in this country! They are more later afternoon/early evening phenomena. But the last couple of storms rolled in at odd times.

Friday night's round one began after 2100. Round two rolled in just prior to midnight and boomed on through the 0200 hour. This storm likely rolled in around 0345 or so. It has gone down in intensity and is making its way east now, but there is still some residual rumbling and the occasional blast of lightning. I hear the rain starting up again.

If this storm is as localised as I think, it may completely miss Springfield/Union, which is an event of mixed feelings. Natural rain is preferable to watering.

Well, I guess I should get dressed and go. The rain won't stop just because I'm ready to commute in it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...