Refrigeration May Be Returning!

The guy from the Sears Repair center came and installed the compressor. He said there is a teeny-tiny chance that maybe something would be wrong with it, and it will not be usable for one full day. It takes time to cool down and for the freezer to be frozen, not merely cold. So at 1600 tomorrow I can restock the fridge.

I hope.

I was so happy that he came and fixed this I could've hugged him. But I won't actually know until tomorrow if this is truly fixed. It has been a long ten days without. My mother said something about how her grandmother never had refrigeration and what it must have been like to live without it. I find that amazing too, but in this case, my discovery was more like how dependent we have become on these things. I have had refrigeration all of my 40 years and while it has gotten bigger and more complex, it is still the same basic concept - food lasts much longer than without. Going without for ten days has been annoying as all get out. But it makes me wonder if we aren't too much creatures of comfort.

Just maybe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...