Is This REALLY Funny?

While some of it was cute, this mostly serves to show how prejudiced people are:

THREE ARGUMENTS THAT JESUS WAS IRISH:
- HE NEVER GOT MARRIED
- HE NEVER HELD A STEADY JOB
- HIS LAST REQUEST WAS A DRINK

Sometimes being Irish engenders a lot of ideas that get old fast. I'm unusual for not drinking alcohol; I'm almost unheard of because I'm Irish and don't drink. Of course, no one mentions that the German, Russian and British/Scottish side drinks, either. Hmmmm. Anyone know any culture that does NOT drink?

Most Irish people I know are married. How is that even a noteworthy thing?

Most Irish people I know are employed. Again, not sure how that has become an Irish thing.

THREE ARGUMENTS THAT JESUS WAS PUERTO RICAN:
- HIS FIRST NAME WAS JESUS
- HE WAS ALWAYS IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW
- HIS MOTHER DIDN'T KNOW WHO HIS FATHER WAS

Oh, because in America, we have no one who doesn't know their father. Or plenty of Americans or other nationalities in trouble with the law. And Jesus sounds better in Spanish.

THREE ARGUMENTS THAT JESUS WAS ITALIAN:
- HE TALKED WITH HIS HANDS
- HE HAD WINE WITH EVERY MEAL
- HE WORKED IN THE BUILDING TRADES

I had to laugh at the talking with his hands. Italians are one of many cultures who do that, but I don't know if anyone compares with them as to how much they do say with their hands. I suppose the French and many other cultures don't have wine with most meals? (I don't think any culture has it was breakfast...) Well, the building trades do have many Italians, but many of them own their own companies in trades. Heinous. What a crime that is. (Yes, that is sarcasm...)

THREE ARGUMENTS THAT JESUS WAS BLACK:
- HE CALLED EVERYBODY BROTHER
- HE HAD NO PERMANENT ADDRESS
- NOBODY WOULD HIRE HIM

I hire people who can do the job, not people based on anything as non-qualifying as pigmentation. What no permenant address? No one else is like that? I don't know if "brother" is still the current vernacular. That may be out of date by, say, decades.

THREE ARGUMENTS THAT JESUS WAS CALIFORNIAN:
- HE NEVER CUT HIS HAIR
- HE WALKED AROUND BAREFOOT
- HE INVENTED A NEW RELIGION

I was in California. I must not have been to the right part. I missed all of those things.

AND FINALLY, THE PROOF THAT JESUS WAS IRANIAN:
- HE WENT INTO HIS FATHER'S BUSINESS
- HE LIVED AT HOME UNTIL THE AGE OF 33
- HE WAS SURE HIS MOTHER WAS A VIRGIN,
- AND HIS MOTHER WAS SURE HE WAS GOD

OK, I will admit that I don't know a whole lot about the Iranian culture. And I don't know if many Americans really do understand the Iranian culture, since no one here seems to be interested in learning about it. I know someone from Afghanistan and I must say, by her description, it is so vastly different from anything we know, we are hardly qualified to comment upon it. Most Amish don't leave home. I can't imagine that anyone thinks their mother is a virgin, once they understand the reproductive system, and many, many people regardless of culture, follow into their father's business.

What's funny about erroneous assumptions about others?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...