Tacky, Tacky, Tacky!

When it comes to most human mating (or worse, non-mating "love" rituals) I am at a complete and total loss. I fail to understand why people - especially women - get so worked up over this. Clearly I'm out of touch with the rest of the world - I've never heard of a "save the date" thing. What is the point of an invitation?

Yesterday in the mail I found the tackiest thing I have yet to encounter: a "save the date" wedding magnet. Having seen a great many invitations and having attended entirely too, too many weddings, I can honestly say that this is a first for me. I sincerely hope it is a "last" as well. I keep hoping that only family I'm really close to and friends I want to be with will invite me to their nuptials. No more coworker weddings, no more family that myself AND Luis have never heard of or seen. What a stupid thing that is.

I suppose the saving grace in this particular tale is that the bride, one of Luis' coworkers (of course), is not inviting the whole company. The pity of it is that we did make it onto the list. GROOOOOOOOAANN... I guess there is no getting out of it.

Admittedly I might feel more incentive to go if another one of the coworkers and his wife were attending. The least that could happen is a huge brawl involving the local constabulary... dinner and a show!

Well, sadly, I don't see a way to weasel out of this stupidity. I suppose I will just have to suck it up and ruin my Sunday, 28 October. SIGH.

Comments

CrystalChick said…
Your way out: Bill Gates was born on October 28th. So was the German billionaire Anton Schlecker. Get yourself invited to some soiree they are undoubtedly having. Then you can decline solicitation for the silly wedding and go to a real party! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...