The Power Is Not Always There

Electricity is a beautiful thing. It's amazing how much I don't appreciate this until I don't have it!

Last Thursday the power went out for close to 3 hours. The house was cooler than the 90+ degrees out there but not much.

Friday night we had a ton of electricity - all of it outside of the house!

On Wednesday we lost power again, albeit briefly.

This morning, I was laying in bed at 0820 and *BOINK* suddenly there is not a stitch of electricity anywhere. Groan. I took my shower in the dark, got dressed in the gloom (it is dark and dreary and bloody cold outside), and did not do anything with my hair. At least it looks that way. Humidity is not complimentary to my hair. Not much is, though.

I left the house around 0930. I was at work until 1545, then got in around 1630, with Afghani food in hand. I'd stopped at the pharmacy as well, and when I pulled in, I pushed the button on the console in the car to open the garage. Nothing happened. Uh-oh... still no power!

I was at the squadhouse, where we'd managed to get the bay doors open by plugging into the auxiliary power on one of the ambulances, when suddenly there was a funny sound and suddenly the lights were on and electricity was humming through the bays.

It has not shut off since and I'm grateful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...