Time with My Father is Always Time Well Spent

I went to my parents' house today. I spend at least one weekend day with Ray, almost every weekend. I make sure that I find the time, as much as I can. It's worth it to me and I know he enjoys it.

We don't do anything really exciting or spectacular but it is the time spent, not what we do. We usually run errands and do different things, and then at some point we return home and hang out. I spend a little time with my mother, but not much... she's my mother and I do love her, but she isn't the person I knew... I don't know what happened to the woman I knew, but I miss her. The woman there now is an unhappy, miserable shrew. But Ray is my best friend.

We talk about everything. It's always great to spend time with him. I want to really go places with him but we can only go so far before my mother needs something and it is time to return home. But even so, we have a good time while we are out.

Today we went to Hess to fill up my tank, then went to Sam's Bagels for breakfast. They make a wonderful sundried tomato bagel. That, lightly buttered with a juice always hits the spot. We spent about twenty minutes there, then headed to Borders Book store in Willowbrook (that's in Wayne). It did not have the Seattle Coffee Company, though, so we went to the Borders on Route 23 North in Butler. They had it - a Snickerdoodle! We talked about that... a Snickerdoodle does not have anything to do with Snickers. I can't imagine why I thought it did... hmmmm. But we had a good time sitting there and chatting. I bought more books (shocking) and he actually bought one book - on poker. Isn't that funny...

We went home and spent some time there, would you believe watching golf? I wouldn't. I must say, they have made strides in filming golf - you can actually clearly see the ball flying through the air. And the one guy had a funny swing. And the grounds! Ouch. Our grounds would never look that bad, never. There are a lot of things that Mark may not know, but when it comes to grass, the growing of it, and the care and feeding of it, no one knows more. And he would never let any stretch of land, tee, rough or green, look as crappy as that! Not a chance.

This week is aeration, so after this the course should be looking incredible!

We had a good time watching that, but by 1530 it was time to head home and get ready to be on call. I had a fur break buried under dogs (the two pugs, Harley and Skippy, were there and we have Ollie, and Waldo was there and I love those dogs).

A fun time.

Comments

CrystalChick said…
How wonderful that you get to spend time with your Father. I miss mine. He used to stop in if nearby and have a piece of cake or pie and coffee.
I LOVE snickerdoodle cookies and make them around the holidays!
Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I think I stumbled upon your blog by doing a search of New Jersey. I'm new to blogging.
Have a great week!

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...