Saturday 9: Family Ties

1. Where and when were you born?

I was born in Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan on 26 January at 10:39 EST.

2. Do you have siblings? If yes, tell us more.

Not a one.

3. What are your parents’ names?

Harry Gilbert Trebilcox and Wendy Elise Kellogg. My second father is Raymond Guy Kellogg.

4. Did you (or do you) know all four of your grandparents?

Almost - I knew my paternal grandparents, James NMI Trebilcox and Lydia Frances Anderson. I did mostly know my maternal grandmother, Ida Platt, but never met my maternal grandfather. He smoked heavily and died from brain cancer when my mother was 15.

5. Do have children? If yes, tell us about them. If no, do you want them?

Ye gods, no. I don't want children, not at any age or for any reason. I have cats - well, one of my beloved cats died. I have Chelsea.

6. Do you still live in the general area that you grew up in?

Yes. Close enough for jazz, anyway.

7. Do you have cousins? If yes, are you or have you been close?

I have three cousins on my mother's side. Of the three, I am very fond of and close to Renee Camus. And I love her husband, Alex, too. Henry (Renee's brother) is certainly not the same person he was when we were kids, but he's in Switzerland, so I rarely see him. Renee is 2.5 years my junior and Henry is about three months my senior. My other cousin is Justine, 10.5 years my junior and we are not close. She's fine, but we aren't really meant to be friends.

I have no cousins on Harry's side - he has no siblings.

I do have cousins on the Kellogg side. Ray's sister Phyllis has two kids, Dawn (20 days my senior) and David (2 years my junior). Dawn and I are closer; I like David and I think we'd be closer but he is not moving in the same circles as I and we don't seem to e-mail one another. But who knows what the future may bring.

8. How often does your family all get together?

Not often. That's fine. On my mother's side, we all see each other on Christmas Eve. I don't often see Ray's family. And Harry and I are it as far as the Trebilcox side.

9. Is your significant other close to your family?

Not terribly. He likes Ray and Harry, and puts up with my mother. That's fair. I can just barely put up with his father...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...