Saturday 9: Tell Us About It Meme

I found this throught the meme site:

"Welcome to Saturday: 9.

What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday.

Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Let's talk relationships! Pick a relationship. Either your current one, or a significant past one (You needn't be specific...)."
Saturday 9: Tell Us About It

1. How did you meet?

We met first in Sam Goodes music store, where I worked at the time. I was 20 and Luis was 22 or 23. He had on a big army green coloured coat and thinning hair, and a wide face. He was with Dave DeGil, whom I knew from the Renassaince Faire. I was chatting with Dave and completely ignored his friend.

We met again when Dave moved into a house in West Caldwell with three other guys: Tom Filliman, Drew Scelba and Luis Gomez. Every time I would call Dave, he'd say, "I'm too busy right now, why don't you talk to my friend, Luis?" We were speaking a lot.

2. Was it lust at first sight?

Not at all. I had been talking to Luis on the phone now for a couple of months and finally called one night for Dave, who could not come to my 22nd birthday party but here, why don't I ask Luis? I did, and he came to pick me up - a bald guy with a basketball round face and a mustache. It was friendship over the phone, a better friendship from that night on, and then slowly developed into love - and consequently, lust - over about three months.

3. Were they currently available?

Yes, he was.

4. How important is physical attraction?

Clearly it will work itself into things over time if that is where the relationship goes. He was at first a totally geeky looking guy but turned into a sexy looking guy. If he did not, the relationship would likely not have gone where it did. So the answer is physical attraction needs to be there, in some form. It is not the most important thing, but it needs to be present.

5. How important is intellectual attraction?

Very, very, very important. Luis could look like (and suddenly my mind is blank on a really, really hot actor) Antonio Banderas, but if he had zero intellect, then it would have been a few delicious sexual encounters and that would the end of it. Luis and I are both avid readers, interested in aspects of science, etc.

6. How long until you had sex?

Um... we became friends in October 1989, started hanging out in January 1990 and had sex for the first time on 22 March 1990. So, six months, I suppose.

7. Is this/was this the love of your life?

He is indeed the love of my life.

8. Were they faithful?

Yes, insofar as I know.

9. Were you faithful?

Well, understand that I see faithfulness in different way from most. But the fact is that this is an open-access blog. So the answer is no.

"Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!"

Enjoy your weekend!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...