Tired...

I'm very tired.

I'm not sleeping well. I'm depressed and unhappy. I'm not used to being this depressed and unhappy. It is not like me to be in funk - not a week-long funk. Ariel has been gone one week. I don't cry as much as I used to, but I still cry. At least once a day, sometimes twice. I find myself getting choked up for seemingly no reason. It's awful. I cry on the cat. I cry in my car. I cry in my office.

The only saving grace to being me is that I'm easily distracted. People come to see me and I am thinking of the person and what they need. I don't tell too many people what happened. Once I got through Monday (people asking how my weekend was) it got a lot easier to deal with. No one asks about one's weekend on Tuesday. That is too long past. I'm not sure how that works but it does.

I have poison ivy on my arm. It's just two or three little pustules that will eventually go away, but it is annoying while I have it. I can't for the life of me figure out where I got it, though. What could I have been doing to be exposed to poison ivy? Well... no matter, I was exposed and it is annoying but it will go away.

I'm sitting here with my ears on, listening to Chelsea purr. By ears, I mean my stethescope. The purring is like a freight train. But it is a lovely happy sound. I used to do that to Ariel, too. If I felt sad about something, I would find one of my fuzzy babies and listen to the happy sound of purring through the stethescope. It is quite an amazing sound.

Comments

CrystalChick said…
One day at a time. Ariel was family and that loss has to be hard. Honor your feelings, and if you need to cry, then cry.
Thinking of you.

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...