Saturday 9: Out to Lunch

1. When you go to a restaurant do you tip better if the server is good-looking?

Not unless he knows service well. It doesn't matter if he looks like Richard Gere. If the service is terrible, that is the only matter in the table for discussion.

2. Have you ever asked anyone to turn off their cellphone in public because it bothered you?

Yes. I hate the bloody things.

3. Is your noon meal called "lunch" or "dinner?"

I always called it lunch but some people call it dinner. My grandmother called the Sunday midday meal "dinner" - usually around 1400, not 1200. I never understand that.

4. Do you generally make reservations first?

Not usually. Depends on the place. If it is a place where there is commonly a long wait, then yes. More often than not, we prefer to eat early.

5. Do you ask for a booth or a table?

Usually a booth, for better back and butt support. Those chairs are often designed by Torquemada.

6. Do you ask for a doggie bag?

If I need one, which is often the case. The funny thing is that I won't eat reheated food. I read too much, I know what grows on leftovers that is not visible to the naked eye.

7. Would you complain to the management if there were children crying nearby?

I haven't complained to the management. What the heck are they going to do? I do try to get seated away from small fry, however. I do admittedly shoot dirty glances at the parents. You can't pin this on the kid(s). Eating out is boring and usually difficult on many levels for children. But parents who don't parent make me completely crazy. At least make the effort!

8. Have you ever sent food back?

Yes. Twice. Believe me, I was right to do so.

9. Do you find servers singing "Happy Birthday" cute or annoying?

Annoying when places sing it in their own twisted way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

The Longairc-Green Family