To Walk on the Moon

If I could, if I was offered the opportunity, I would be on the next manned mission to the moon. I would not even have to think about it. To be able to walk on the moon? How stupid would you be to pass that up?!

I love astronomy. I love everything about the planets and the sun and our beloved moon. I love distant galaxies. All of it. But the moon... the moon hangs right there, 26 out of 29 days for each lunar month. It is big and beautiful and so close. A mere 384,403km from us. So within reach.

I can't believe I am a resident of a country that has cut the space program to shreds. They are sending a lot of unmanned missions to different places - Mars has had at least two, Mercury has MESSENGER, and Saturn has Cassini and Huygens to check things out. Manned... nothing.

Hopefully we will make it back out into space again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...