Four For Friday - The Birthday Edition


Q1 - Today: Some people go out of their way to tell everyone they know that today (or pick your day) is their birthday, while others avoid it like a contagious bacterial disease characterized by fever and wicked bad diarrhea (for example, I once spent an entire with someone and never knew it was his birthday because he never told me). Do you tell people when it's your birthday or do you prefer to keep it to yourself?
Oh, no, no, no, no.... I tell everyone under the sun and for weeks in advance - I love my birthday! I want it broadcast as a full page advert in the New York Times! I know people who keep theirs like a state secret and for them I will leave a small card with just their name on it, because all birthdays should get something, but I won't tell others.

Q2 - Keeping Track: How do you keep track of birthdays (BirthdayAlarm.com, a little black book, good memory, your computer calendar, Facebook, etc.)?
It is noted in my binder (my Franklin Covey planner) when to get a card/gift and the day itself. It is in Yahoo! Contacts and FaceBook is good that way.

Q3 - Celebrating: How do you like to celebrate your own birthday? Do you do anything special for yourself, have a tradition you adhere to, take the day off from work and the rest of the world, etc.?
I prefer to take off from work but this year my birthday falls on Monday, so not happening - I run the payroll on Monday. But I'll enjoy it none the less. As for special traditions...? No. I mean, nothing specific comes to mind. I usually ask for birthday sex! Is that a tradition?

Q4 - Change: Some of the kids I grew up with felt cheated by the fact that their birthday was in late-June, July, or August... meaning, they never got to celebrate their birthday in school like all of the kids whose birthdays fell on a school day. If you could change your birthday, would you, and if so, what date would you move it to and why?
I felt cheated the opposite way. My birthday is in late January, so I always felt cheated out of a pool party - what kid wouldn't want that? But now, I would love to ideally have an October birthday - only because it is my favourite month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...