3x Thursday: 09/18/y2k+8: Your Human Body

1. Are you generally healthy? Do you have anything that requires a regular perscription of some sort?

Sadly, I'm not as healthy as I'd like to be. For general health, I guess I'm okay - blood pressure, pulse, heart, organs, brain... but genetically, I carry and have a disease called myotonia dystrophia type II. It is (very, very simply put) a condition where my muscles, especially the biceps and quads, have little strength and density. I can lift 20 - 25lbs where a normal person my age and weight can lift around 65 - 75lbs.

The DM II doesn't require medication itself, but the side effects do. I'm a big fan of sleep.

2.Do you react okay to drugs your doctor gives you when you have an infection or a condition?

Mostly. Sometimes the narcotics make me sick.

3. Have you ever had a bad experience/allergic reaction to any drugs you've been given by a doctor?

No. They don't always make me feel great, but some work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...