What a Prize!

September 1: OK, look at what you could win with a hole in one!

I have actually been in a Ferrari, a few years back and it was quite an experince - that is some car! It purrs like kitten, is extraordinarily comfortable and is so low to the ground, I'd be embarrassed to have to haul myself in and out of it all the time. As it is with my current car, I have enough trouble not getting speeding tickets. With this, I'd be in jail with the kind of speeding that I could manage. Why fall into that sort of temptation? I'd imagine that there is no holding onto fuel in one of these, either. I did find out that the Ferrari is very sensitive. If you don't start it two or three times a week, the battery dies. Well. That is nuts.

Joe and I went out to take a look at this baby earlier and then I came down with my camera. It is a strange car (and way too low to the ground). It is a shift car - a manual - and you shift with two toggles behind the wheel. How weird is that?
The colour is not the best but last year someone had two pumpkin-orange vehicles out there for any hole-in-ones. They were criminally ugly. There is nothing good about a pumpkin orange anything, except a pumpkin!

Ferrari price tag: $300,000.

Hey, it is approaching pumpkin season! (I'm distracted now...)

The next car is a... a... well. I don't remember. I know the guy told me the name of it but it isn't a car I'd know off the top of my head. However, it is a peanut. It is seriously way too small for me. I feel small on the road anyway. In this I'd be scared. It's cute but not really practical. Not that anyone buys a car like this out of practicality.

I can't remember this guy's name. Very nice, very young, and very into cars. This wasn't a dealership, it is a car country club. I don't know what that means exactly but he said that members can - for $14,000 a year - drive these fancy cars for 40 days. The upkeep alone is staggering.

I did not get to know too much about this vehicle. It was really too small to be of much interest.

The McLaren is a totally different story. It is a very interesting and solid-looking car. It is overly senstive as well and the gullwing doors break all the time. Usually people are a little too heavy-handed with it. It is low to the ground, too. But it is silver and sleak and lovely. And it goes fast - way, way too fast. My wonderment is where do you take a car like that? We don't have an autoban and no cop - assuming he catches you - would pass up a money-maker like that.

It's a pretty sharp car, though!

Price tag (I seriously hope you are sitting!): $450,000

Comments

CrystalChick said…
Wow, interesting cars. But I've often wondered, if I had tons of money what I'd buy. Things like that never make the list. Well.... okay, there was an older Rolls Royce in the parking lot of the Olive Garden the other day... that seemed odd.
So maybe I'd consider something like that. But no, nothing too sporty or sensitive. I have enough trouble with my Taurus some days. haha

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...