Bringing Out the Worst in Me...

This is a string of comments from Facebook.

Admittedly, I could have ignored the narrow-minded Mr. Botes, who horned into a conversation that was not meant for him. But he did and true to form, it brought out the worst side of me. But really - if you insist on just using quotes to argue, well, broaden your horizons. Either use your own words or engage in some quotes outside of one source to make your point. There are so many excellent quotes out there from Ben Franklin to Erma Bombeck and beyond!
"Darren Johnston
Bothered and wanting to know the truth

Aislínge Kellogg de Gómez The truth is that man really did go to the Moon and it is not a conspiracy theory. Or wasn't that what you meant?

Darren Johnston hehe

Jaco Botes The Truth is known as the Word of God

Aislínge Kellogg de Gómez Uh, okay. The truth is that the Universe is predicated on the Goldilocks Paradigm - that there is a specific balance that needs to be maintained. Otherwise entropy takes over.

Jaco Botes Deuteronomy 13:3
Psalm 52:3

Aislínge Kellogg de Gómez Well, I suppose it is all how you see God, you know? I find God is in the details - in the science and it's quite wonderful when seen that way.

Jaco Botes I'll respond with
Romans 12:11, "Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord."

Aislínge Kellogg de Gómez Should I mention that I'm a Wiccan? Or would this be a bad time? I think that a world with so much variation and differences is something to celebrate. All of it. We all see God as we wish. I see that bigger force in sunrises, sunsets, astronomy, the night skies - those things speak to me more than books do - and I am mad about books, too!

Jaco Botes You may 'see that bigger force IN ...' but I see the bigger force behind all of it- Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Darren Johnston yoh guys

Aislínge Kellogg de Gómez I can't resist arguing. It

Aislínge Kellogg de Gómez is in my nature, as well you know!

Jaco Botes So, since you're mad about books, take this- also from a wonderful book. Philippians 2:14
Do everything without grumbling or arguing.

Aislínge Kellogg de Gómez LOL. That will assuredly never happen. I have a constitutional right to complain, nag, moan, complain or (the side you haven't seen) praise, sing (pray you never hear THAT), laugh, employ great feats of Sarcasm (my second and most fluent language), give compliments and show joy in heaps.

Jaco Botes No-one's going to stop you from doing anything, do as you please- but you have been warned.

Aislínge Kellogg de Gómez Here's my quote: "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the Saints." ~ Billy Joel

Jaco Botes Proverbs 11:22
Like a gold ring in a pig’s snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion. Matthew 7:6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." And with that I waste my time no more. May God have mercy on you.

Aislínge Kellogg de Gómez Since I believe in a much more tolerant god, I daresay he will.

Darren Johnston shit

Aislínge Kellogg de Gómez No worries, Darren, that sort of narrow-mindedness brings out the worst in me. So unoriginal."

That is the whole string. I think Mr. Botes finally realised I could keep this up for a long time and while I will sheepishly admit that I could've let this go a long time ago, I'd much rather go on. I just hate that kind of hide-bound, unoriginal, unimaginative and intolerant attitude. I have no issue with the idea that one thinks of their own religion as the correct one, but to not talk to anyone who is not a believer - or to try to turn the non-believers into believers instead of partaking in the IDIC principle (Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations) is to miss out on a lot of really great people and cultures and ways of looking at the same things you do, just not the same way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...