Saturday Six #378

Since the big story of the week was the Casey Anthony verdict, I figured it might make a good edition of the Saturday Six.

You can answer this week’s questions whether you’ve paid attention to the trial or not.

Thanks for dropping by!

Be sure to check back this week and click on the links of bloggers who play along in the comments below! It’s a great way to find blogs you may not have visited and to keep the conversation going!

Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your blog… But don’t forget to leave a link to your blog so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!

1. How much attention did you pay to the Casey Anthony trial? As much as People Magazine did, although no more than reading the articles and moving on. How many criminal cases need to be hashed over and over? So I would say minimal attention. Most of these things move so slowly, I lose interest.

2. How justified do you think people are in their outrage at the jury’s verdict? I don't. No one else was there and so while they have opinions, they don't have knowledge. No one knows what really happened and seems unlikely they ever will.

3. How often do you watch shows like Nancy Grace, who focuses a great deal of attention on cases like this? I haven't heard of her. I watch little enough television, and never the news. I like being happy and the news is not happy.

4. If you had been a juror in that case, would you have talked to the media right after the verdict was delivered? No. I would not speak to the media at all about it. I don't feel that is anyone's business.

5. If you were a juror and you were later offered money for an interview, how likely would you be willing to accept payment to appear on television to discuss the case? I wouldn't be. This was not meant to be turned into a circus side-show.

6. Would you support a law that would prohibit a juror from profiting from being on a jury in this manner? Why or why not? Yes, I think it should absolutely be illegal to discuss anything that takes place in a court of law. I'm really quite surprised that it isn't. Maybe lawyers like being circus performers (what am I thinking - of course they do!), but I'd think judges would think less of it.

Comments

Cygnet said…
Interesting blog! :)

http://BestAdviceDuh.blogspot.com/

or

http://ThePointeShoeSpeaks.blogspot.com/

FOLLOW MY BLOG AND I'LL FOLLOW YOURS!

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...