Saturday Six #379

I’m amazed by the number of people who are lining up to see the final Harry Potter movie. I don’t know why I’m particularly surprised, though; Harry madness has been going on for 10 years now.

I guess I’m just not “wild about Harry” myself.

I’ve never read a Potter book and I’ve never seen one of his movies.

But I‘ll do my best to craft a set of questions that might, in some way, relate to the big movie or phenomena like it.

Be sure to check back this week and click on the links of bloggers who play along in the comments below! It’s a great way to find blogs you may not have visited and to keep the conversation going!

Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your blog… But don’t forget to leave a link to your blog so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!

1. What’s the last movie you waited in a long line to see? We waited in line to see Avatar in January 2009 (I think it was 2009). We went to a midnight showing, which is WAAAAY past my bedtime, and waited over 45 minutes to see it. And this was after the movie had been out something like two months! It was in IMAX and 3-D, it made me nauseous, and was entirely too loud. I was so sick from the "IMAX" (the screen was too small and I had motion sickness) that I spent the last twenty minutes outside the theatre and heard every line of dialogue just fine. Huge mistake.

2. What’s the biggest movie you’ve been excited about seeing before the premiere? Believe it or not, Star Wars. And I was only 9 years old when that came out in 1977. That and The King's Speech. And every Pixar movie...

3. Do you watch more movies in the theater or on DVD? On DVD - more pleasant, can have anything I want to eat and I don't have to spend $12 to get in and another $12 on concessions.

4. Which do you prefer to do: watch a movie or read a book if both are based on the same story? Movie first, then the book. If I do it the other way, then I will be very disappointed by the movie, which is usually only "loosely" based on the book.

5. How often have you found that the book really is better than the movie? Almost every time. It is rare that the movie is better than the book. One I can think of, though: The Hunt for Red October. The movie was great. The book was great, but had far more technical details about submarines than I ever wanted to read or know.

6. Take the quiz: Are You a Book or a Movie?

  1. If you have something to express, you prefer to:
  2. If you see something beautiful, you prefer to:
  3. Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
  4. Can you usually find the right words to describe how you are feeling?
  5. Are you more of a details or big picture person?

You Are a Book

You are a deliberate thinker. You don't like to gloss over anything, and details matter to you. When times get tough, you get philosophical. You never forget the meaning of life.

If you're facing a problem, getting away for a couple days always helps you clear your mind. You always consider the past, present, and future. You believe every little event shapes your life.

Note: I'm not wild about Harry Potter any longer. I read the first four books until the author killed off Dumbledore and then I lost interest. The same with the movies - I just found that they became less fun and more depressing and that it wasn't worth it. So Luis will be seeing this last one on his own, just like the last... what, four?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...