Wednesday Hodge Podge

1. July 20th marks the anniversary of the first time man stood on the moon. Flash forward 42 years to July 8, 2011 which marked the start of the final Space Shuttle mission. Should we continue to explore space? Should nations devote more or fewer of their resources to exploring space? Would you want to go into space if the opportunity arose?

Of course we continue to explore space! That is what we do. Imagine if man had not gone over the next hill, had not taken to the seas looking for the Eastern Asian countries to find the New World. What I don't want is for us to go to Mars to Terra-form it. That would just be wrong.

2. What are three things in your freezer?
Sherbet, ice pops, ice (for my husband, not me) and ice packs for injuries.
3. If you could see any band/artist perform live tonight who would it be? It has to be someone living--no Beatles, Elvis, etc.
Coldplay!
4. Ice-cubed or crushed? Or are you one of those people who don't like ice?
I never use ice and often don't care for cold water. I like my water room temperature. once in a great while I will take cold water. No ice in it ever, though.
5. The owner of a small restaurant outside of Pittsburgh recently announced he was banning children under six, saying they regularly disrupted other customer's meals. You can read the story here in more detail but isn't this a perfect topic to discuss in our Wednesday Hodgepodge? Have at it friends...what are your thoughts?
I think that is great. It isn't really the kids, it is usually the parents that are really creating the problems. If you want to take your kids to a restaurant, you need to actually do the right thing and discipline them appropriately and teach them how to behave in a setting like that. And it seems to almost never happen. Personally, I applaud the owner. It's good for the customers to not have to be frustrated by the bad behaviour of others' kids.
6. What was your first car? How did it come to be yours?
I had a 1977 black Camaro. It was a humungous engine car that ate fuel. It was unbelievable. It probably got five gallons to the mile, but fuel was only $o.89 a gallon then. I bought the car for $1.00 - from a friend. It was great! My-then boyfriend had borrowed it one night and it caught fire. I never really did find out what happened. I have had other sports cars and I love my current car the most, but man that was the best first car anyone could ever have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...