Sorry for the lateness of the hour in posting this week’s Sunday Seven. I spent some time this afternoon with friends for a July 4th cookout; it was conveniently scheduled the day before so as not to interfere with other holiday plans, and to give everyone time to recuperate before work resumes on Tuesday!
What a deal!
In any case, this week’s question comes from my friend Ted, who was curious about inspirational quotes you rely on to keep you going when times get rough or that you have tried to live out in your own life.
Could you list seven pearls of wisdom that have helped you achieve success?
That’s this week’s challenge! Thanks for playing!
- Be sure to check back this week and click on the links of bloggers who play along in the comments below! It’s a great way to find blogs you may not have visited and to keep the conversation going!
Here is this week’s “Sunday Seven” question. Either answer in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your blog (with a link here), and then comment here with a link back to your blog so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!
THIS WEEK’S QUESTION:
Name seven inspirational quotations that you use for motivation or inspiration.
1. "He who dies with the most money is still dead." - Nancy Lifton*
2. "Get your rosarie off my ovaries!" - Nancy Lifton*
3. "Each of us makes his own weather, determines the colour of the skies in the emotional universe in which he inhabits." - Fulton J. Sheen
4. "Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days." - Benjamin Franklin
5. "If a man watched three football games in a row, he should be declared legally dead." - Erma Bombeck
6. "In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility." - Eleanor Roosevelt
7. "Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein
*Nancy Lifton may not be the original author of either quote, but she is the one who told them to me and they are my favourites!