Saturday 9: White Wedding

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: White Wedding

1. Tell us about the most recent wedding you attended. Wow... who's was the most recent wedding I've attended? Oh, yes, I know! It was a coworker's wedding - mine, for a refreshing change, not one of Luis' - and it was in 2009. They were married on a boat and was wonderful - romantic, sweet and the best music!

2. Do you enjoy attending weddings, or do they bore you to tears? Most weddings do bore me to tears. What can I say? The standard, usual wedding is boring and except for the dancing, which I have to beg and plead Luis to do, is not enough. But I'm happy to say most of his coworkers are married now, so that has slowed down a lot. However, in September we have the Goldman wedding coming up. Luis' boss' daughter is getting married. Knowing the Goldmans, this will be one hell of an affair. I'll post about it once we've gone.

3. Does marriage in general make you feel confident and good inside, or skeptical? That depends entirely on the couple. Some weddings I've felt great about, such as Tom and Alayna's, Judy and Alvin's, Vicki and Mike's weddings. Others I knew would be a train wreck. And almost always, they have been. Well, not the weddings but the marriages. We are one of the longest-lasting marriages I know.

4. Do you have a photo blog? (If so, feel free to share the link with us.) Yes, well - I post a lot of images on my blog. It is not specifically a photo blog, but I take a lot of pictures. http://traislinge.blogspot.com/

5. Do you find yourself driving less due to the high gas prices? No, I find I'm driving less due to retirement. I do drive the ambulance, though, so I am keeping my hand in at driving my sports car and that enormous 14,000lb vehicle!

6. What's the high temperature today where you are? It was an appalling 100°F (37.7°C) - way too hot for New Jersey/New York.

7. "It's not the heat, it's the humidity." Agree, or no? Absolutely I agree with that. In Palm Springs in 1999 we were there in June and it was around 115°F (46°C) and it felt like an 80° day here - but our humidity is normally very high - somewhere in the 75 - 85% range - and out there it was maybe around 8%! It made a HUGE difference. I would drink buckets of water and the sweat just evaporated right off my skin and it felt great. Plus not once did I need to find a loo to use. The water is processed through the skin. I used to believe it wouldn't make a difference but after having been to the desert several times, I know better!

8. What's the hottest you've ever been in your life? When I had bronchitis in 2007, I had a 104°F (40°C) fever. That was misery. In terms of weather, the hottest was 127°F (52.7°C) in Las Vegas. That was a little warm, even for me.

9. Non-temperature related last question: In your opinion... who's hot? Heh, heh, heh. My husband! And that guy who is in the Old Spice Internet adverts - Isaiah Mustafa - yowza!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...