Happy Birthday to a Really Special Person!

Happy Birthday, Andy Wheeler!

I left a bit of birthday dirge for him on Facebook. But that is not enough. The truth is he was a great friend to me in high school, a true friend, someone I really liked. The funny thing was that I had a crush on him and he had a crush on my friend Andreann, who only liked college or older men. (Yes, the irony.) It really was funny - the things we were in high school, so different from how we turn out as adults.

But Andy was someone who was intelligent, fun to speak with and appreciated the things I did - the English language, science, art - he went for acting, while I did two-D art (drawing, painting, etc.), and we are both bibliophiles. What's not to love about that?

The biggest thing, however, was that he was willing to speak to me even when few others would. And that is priceless.

So, happy birthday to a priceless person!

Comments

Andrew Wheeler said…
Thanks very much!

We were pretty tormented back in high school, weren't we? I'm not sure if it was luck or good sense that got us through all of that and still friendly, but it's a wonderful thing that it all worked out.

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...