Saturday Six #376

This week’s topic is suggested by the random quiz that appears in one of the questions: fairy tales. Most of us had parents or siblings who either read or told us stories growing up.

So I hope this set of questions won’t be too difficult for you to answer!

Thanks for dropping by!

Be sure to check back this week and click on the links of bloggers who play along in the comments below! It’s a great way to find blogs you may not have visited and to keep the conversation going!

Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your blog… But don’t forget to leave a link to your blog so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!

1. Which childhood fairy tale or story was your favorite when you were little? That's a tough one. I'd have to say the Arabian nights tales were the best. I found "fairy tales" to be rather tepid and too happy an ending for me. I loved hearing Irish teaching tales about the Firbolg and the Dhoanie Shidhe - those are real fairy tales.

2. Who in your family told you the most fairy tales or stories? Come to think of it, my Pop-pop did. My mother read to me from books, but a lot of "old country" folklore came by oral tradition from my grandfather.

3. Were most of the those stories told from memory or read from a book? In my Pop-pop's case, memories. From my parents, books. Oral traditional always beats out books, though, I think.

4. What’s your favorite part of a fairy tale? The whole thing:beginning, middle an end.

5. What’s your least favorite part of a fairy tale? I guess the end, always the worst part of anything enjoyable.

6. Take the quiz: What Part of a Fairy Tale Are You?

  1. Which of these fairy tales do you like the best?
  2. At core, you consider yourself to be:
  3. What do you like best about fairy tales?
  4. Your ideal fairy tale is set:
  5. If you were a character in a fairy tale, you would be:
I am the Castle:
You are a bit of a homebody and even somewhat of a loner. You function best when you're all by yourself. Other people see you as mysterious and even a little scary. They don't understand how deep and complicated you are.

You have many layers to your personality, and there is always a surprise waiting around the corner with you. You aren't as scary as you seem, but you are intense. You require people to confront things about themselves that they rather not know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...