Monday Mayhem: 8 August
Welcome again to Monday Mayhem. Today we are going to roast going on vacation. Have fun!
1. If you were to go on a vacation next week, where would you go to? Oooo, so many choices! I think the list of where I wouldn't want to go is a whole lot shorter. I would go to the British Isles, though, first choice.
2. What was your favorite childhood vacation memory? Going to Six Flags (Great Adventure) every September in the first or second week of school. My parents always took me there right at the beginning of the school year as it was deserted there and so easy to go on rides. The other fun was my grandparents took me to Niagara Falls and the St. Lawrence River Seven Locks. I still remember Pop-pop complaining about the ships going through the locks at 0300 because they would lay on the horn to let the locks men know they were approaching. In the 70s and 80s, that was how it worked. And then there was Montana in 2009 and the absolute magic of Yellowstone National Park. 3. Would you or have you ever been on a vacation without your significant other? Oh, all the time. He hates to travel because he has done it so often for work. He also doesn't like being squeezed into a small seat to fly. I love to fly. I love to drive. So more of my vacations have been just me instead of me and my husband. I've been to Washington D.C., Montana and New England all without Luis. I know if I want to travel, I have to do most of it on my own.
4. What is your worst vacation memory? When Luis and I went to Niagara Falls, the first four days were great, but then we both came down with the flu. The only thing worse than driving home eight hours sick was when I flew home from England with a Chinese flu in 1985. Yikes!
5. Who would you love to take on vacation with you and where would you go? I want to take my father on vacation and I would love to go to Australia and New Zealand. And Fiji. He would get so much out of it.
6. What is the biggest waste of money vacation you have ever heard of? I think going to places like Cozumel (adult drinking vacations) is a waste. I prefer educational and unique vacations where you learn things, take tours, etc. The whole "I'm gonna drink myself insensible" vacation is just awful.
7. Who really needs a vacation? Who doesn't? My father, though, really does. He is a total slave to my mother and he needs to have not just time off and away, but time out of the country to forget this nightmare.
8. Have you ever done something on a vacation that would hope nobody would ever hear about? Well, if I did, would I say it online? Heh, heh, heh... I'm sure I have. Thanks for playing! Have a great week! Thanks for stopping by too!
I'm glad I did, too. Very enjoyable, I loved it!