Saturday 9: You've Lost that Loving Feeling

Welcome to Saturday: 9.

What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

1. In a relationship, have you ever hung in even when you knew for sure it was over? Once and I will never do it again. It's like being mired in mud and knowing I am going to sink. I hated the feeling and won't do that to myself ever again. No one is worth it and I know when it is time to move on.

2. If you had the ability to perpetually alleviate any pain on your body, what would it be? Wow. I have muscular dystrophy, so there is pain almost everywhere. I would have to say my back but I would make sure that it meant cervical to sacrum to cover the whole thing. That would help a lot.

3. What place would you visit if money were no object? I would be on the next shuttle to the Moon. All I've ever wanted to is to be on one of the Apollo missions to the Moon (except Apollo 13, which clearly didn't work out well.). So since the Russians still offer space shuttle flights to the common masses, I would go. However, they are not doing manned Moon landings, so we would have to fix that first.

As for vacations on Terra, well... I'd go everywhere. How on the beautiful planet can you only select one place? Every place I have been to has had its magic, its unique qualities, etc. I'd go everywhere and make sure I had armed guards where I'd need them.

4. What is one thing you would love to change about yourself? The muscular dystrophy. I'd give that up in a moment. I used to whinge about my weight but I know what is my priority list now, having had this wretched disease take my life away from me one piece at a time.

5. Do you think your parents were too strict growing up? My parents were the coolest ever. They were never unfair. They never believed in the united front business that so many parents engage in. (The united front idea really leaves the kid(s) feeling as though no one is ever on his or her side. My mother hated that idea and she was right. I sometimes got to do something I wanted if one parent won over the other; sometimes not. But they were always fair.)

The best thing they did for me was their attitude toward the more difficult issues: sex, drugs/alcohol, etc. Their take was that they expected I would want to try things out. They asked me to do these things at home, when they were home. That way, if things got out of hand (regarding sex) or I started to get sick (drinking), they'd be there to help me. Tell me how many other parents did that. I did not have sex until the day before I turned 18; I always had safe sex; I never drank to get drunk and only tried marijuana - never had the urge to try more.

6. In general, how many old friends do you have that you talk to at least once a year? I have no idea, I don't keep track of that.

7. What was the last compliment you received? Um, this morning. The dental hygienist, Diane, was thrilled at how I'd taken my tooth-brushing so seriously and she really was impressed. It was fun!

8. Have you ever told someone you loved them but didn't really mean it? Once, and I won't do it again. I was 19 when I did it and it was a mistake.

9. In your opinion, would it be harder to lose someone close to you more as a child or harder as an adult? Oh, much harder as an adult, I would say. I'd be closer to them. Friends I had a kid and haven't spoken to in years I would feel sad; someone I am close to now, I'm heartbroken. I've lost several very close friends over the years to different things. The last close death was in April of this year. It was awful. The friend of mine was exactly ten months younger than I.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...