Monday Mayhem - Just Another Random Monday

1. What is your favorite day of the week?
My favourite day when I was working was Monday. It was the day I ran the payroll, so it was structured and quiet - no one wanted to interfere with my running that! Once the payroll was complete it was gloves-off time and back to the normal HR insanity.

Now, I could not tell you. I suppose Thursday is my favourite day, when I go to visit my old crew and we chat. I miss riding on the rig terribly. I miss riding with Bob, Colin, Luke and Kyle. I miss it all. Being retired, one day rolls into the next without meaning.
2. What kind of restrictions should there be on wearing Speedo swimsuits?
I would like it if there was a physique requirement. You know, if you are 5'6" and 300lbs, the sales person has to tell you, "I'm sorry, I really cannot sell these to you. Let's have a look at these nice knee-length shorts without the stripes, shall we?" Also, if we can can count the number of hairs... on... uh, you get the idea, then they are too thin. BUZZ! Go back and try again, please.
3. You know how there are the so called "fashion police"? What kind of police would you like to be part of and why?
I would be a part of any police organisation - men in uniform, yay! The number of offenses people commit in any setting would keep any group of police busy!

Maybe the fashion police would be fun, though. How many people do I see and think, "Damn! Do you NOT own a mirror? What is this?!" People with tires around the midsection wearing a belly shirt.... BBBR-R-R-R-R-R-R... Or with a huge ass stuffed into a pair of too-tight stretch pants. What are thinking? Are you thinking? I may not be a fashion plate, but yikes!
4. What is you best comeback for a totally self-absorbed narcissistic individual?
Fortunately, I don't know too many totally self-absorbed narcissistic individuals but usually after meeting one and hearing the self-aggrandising stories, I say, "Aren't you just a god[dess] and leave. By that time I've swallowed enough.

I guess like anyone else I use the word "I" too much but I can tell stories where I'm the butt of the joke and I can tell plenty of stories without me as the main character. That has to be okay. I rode with someone that told every story as though he were the only one saving lives on the crew. Shut up. It's a group effort.
5. Have you seen any good movies this summer? Which one(s)?
I saw Cars II and loved it. Sadly, nothing else that is animated came out yet, so that is all I've seen. Luis, my husband, has seen so many movies (while eating the unbelievably priced junk food) that I wonder if Patrick's post on telly being worse for one than smoking applies here. Probably. In which case, he should have keeled over 20 years ago!
6. What restaurant meal should we stay far away from?
I went to a wine tasting dinner once and flatly told Luis I will never go to another one. This is supposed to be high-end dining, but when I was presented with a quail with the little teeny bones on the OUTSIDE of it, I said never again, while turning green. Ugh. It was disgusting.
7. What brand of toilet paper do you highly recommend?
Anything that is soft and two-ply. What are businesses thinking, using crappy one-ply toilet paper? Really. Consider normal people, please.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...