Saturday Six #382
This week’s set of questions focuses on one of those things we all love to hate: social media. You don’t have to be on Twitter, Facebook or any of the others to play.
So get your thinking caps on and thanks for stopping by!
Be sure to check back this week and click on the links of bloggers who play along in the comments below! It’s a great way to find blogs you may not have visited and keep the conversation going!
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your blog… But don’t forget to leave a link to your blog so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!
1. How many social media networks do you belong to at the moment? Oh, just one is enough. I'm on Facebook. If I joined more than that, it would just be too much work.
2. How many social media networks have you joined, then stopped using because you didn’t care for their setup or operation? None. I never had any interest in MySpace (which may not even exist any longer), and Twitter is pointless to me - I want room to say more than one sentence. I don't know any more than that.
3. Which social media network do you use the most? Just Facebook.
I am MySpace?! I disagree.
You are young ... or at least you feel like you are. You are drawn to musicians and artists. You are proud of who you are. Your quirks are an asset, and you flaunt them!
You are attracted to shiny things, and you aren't afraid of a little bling. You're stubborn enough to stick to what your like, even if falls out of fashion.
5. How do you feel about geotagging networks like FourSquare, where users can post their current locations: cool idea or security risk? I hadn't heard of it, but I suspect I lean more toward security risk than cool feature. I don't carry a cell phone half the time because I don't have this need to be found all the time. What in the blue peepin' hell would I need geotagging for?
6. If you know a company that you do a lot of business with is on a social network that you belong to, are you more likely to “friend” or “like” them? No. I will be your friend because I find something likeable in you, not where you work. Hey, you asked!
This feels similar to another meme, from not too long ago. Although that focussed more on friending and different aspects of social media. I know a lot of people are on Twitter and other sites, but I don't understand that.
I found out about Facebook in 2006, when there was something on 60 Minutes about it. Normally, I'm not much of a 60 Minutes person - usually I find it more like news - but I heard the piece on Facebook and joined it. Much like my blog, which is from August 2005, it has gotten me in some trouble (well, I've gotten me in trouble; Blogger and Facebook just made it a lot easier...), but it has given me a way to get in touch with people from my past, new friends, a network of people from all different places and cultures and a way to empty my overcrowded brain of all the crap I'm thinking about. So overall it has been pretty good. I still find it staggering that I know (mostly) 656 people.