Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: I Wonder What She's Doing Tonight
1. Have you ever lost a lover and spent way too much time wondering what they were doing? No. Once it is over, it is over.
2. What was your favorite vacation ever? Wow. I'd have to say the trip to Palm Springs, California in June 1999 was the most incredible trip. Of course, Montana in June 2009 was top shelf, too. It's tough to pick just one vacation...
3. Do you like surprises? If yes, what kinds? Or are you one of those people who absolutely has to know what's going on before it happens? I like some surprises, but not all. Some are better than others. It depends on what kind of surprise we are talking about. Gift surprises are always nice. People showing up out of the blue is not so nice.
4. Have you ever written a poem? Feel free to share one. Or even a dirty limerick is OK. I'm not a poet by any means. I jut blog.
5. Did anything interesting show up in your mail lately besides the bills? Um... I haven't yet gotten today's mail. I will have to return to this question later. I can say very few bills come in the mail. I prefer e-mail so there is less paper wasting.
6. How many of your friendships have lasted more than ten years? Which of your current friends do you feel will still be important to you ten years from now? Family members don't count. No, I wouldn't count family in that question... although I'm not friends with many in my family, so why not? I'm very close to my one cousin. Anyway, for strictly friends, I have seven or eight long-term friendships that are well over ten years old. And those same friends will be there in the future, near and far.
7. Do you own a pet? If so, do you buy them presents for holidays? Do you consider your pet(s) spoiled? If you don't own one, do you think you will one day? I have two cats. I do buy them gifts for Christmas and sometimes just because. Cats are by nature spoiled. And I will always have cats.
8. It's Friday afternoon and you're planning your weekend. What's on your agenda on a hot August night? Um, laying in my hammock, looking at the stars or twined up with my husband on the couch talking and watching the week's shows. I'm not one to go out.
9. What's your worst nervous habit? Easy - I bite the inside of my lower lip. It's a terrible habit and the area inside there is nothing but scar tissue. However, that is better than biting my nails, which is very visible. I'll take my nervous habit over any easily seen one anytime.