WTIT: The Blog has been around since 2006. We've made hundreds of friends. And that really what blogging is all about. No one is nicer, sweeter or has a greater sense of humor then Stef H. or known by her handle Glitterbabe. Stef's beloved husband Clyde passed away in his sleep after a long illness. Stef is as solid a woman that we know. In fact, we met her right here when she occasionally steals a meme. If you have a moment, stop by her blog, Glitterbabe Greetings by clicking HERE. Our heart and thoughts go out to you Stef. We dedicate today's meme to Clyde. Thank you.
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme. Let's go!!!
Today we ripped off a blogger named Rose Tulip of the blog named Rose Tulip's Blog. Since it's 31 questions, we will do it in two parts. She did not state who she stole it from. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Take the time to comment on other player's posts. It's a great way to make new friends! Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Cheers to all of us thieves!
16. What's the longest shift that you worked at a job? The twenty-four hour weekend shifts as an EMT were the longest shifts to work. There have been some 24 hour shifts that had no runs; there were others where we were at a run to keep up, netting 15 calls in one weekend shifts. I don't miss those shifts at all.
17. What was the last concert that you attended? I went on Wednesday, 10 August with my best friend Greg to see Queensrÿche at the Bergan PAC theatre. They were incredible, I must say - they put on a hell of a great show. Before them, Luis and I saw Barenaked Ladies on 30 July at the Hot Air Balloon Festival and before them Greg and I saw Rammstein on 5 May at the Izod stadium in the Meadowlands. This has been a banner year for me with concerts.
18. What the last DVD (or Blu Ray, of course) movie that you watched? Last night I watched The Terminal with Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta-Jones. It's delightful.
19. How did you like the film? This is a wonderful film. Tom Hanks is a Russian from Kakozhia, a country that, while he was in the air coming to La Guardia International Airport in New York, was taken by rebels and was suddenly no longer a country. So he could not enter the United States and he could not go back to Krakozhia, as it was no longer under a cohesive government. So he had to remain in the International area until the issue with his country of origin gets worked out. It's a fun movie and Stanley Tucci proved once again that he makes a hell of a bad guy.
20. What comedian do you love? Bill Engvall is my favourite comedian, hands down. He tells funny stories and does amazingly funny observations. He also keeps it all clean and there are no curses used or anything over the top.
21. Do you ever sleep in the nude? I always sleep in the nude. I've always hated nightclothes and pajamas in bed. I have those types of clothing for slouching around the house. Sleeping is meant to be done in the nude. We came into the world this way and should leave it that way.
22. Have you ever had a long distance relationship? Yes, I was nuts about a guy I met in Ireland. I kept in touch with him via phone and mail (letters - I was 17 when I met him on my trip to Ireland). Now I wish I knew where he was and has gone on to do.
23. What do you think of astrology? It is not a science. It is hocus-pocus, as are so many things. Look at Scientology. Definitely not a true religion and not science at all.
24. What's you're favorite lyric quote from a song? From Rush's song Turn the Page:
Every day we're standing in a time capsule
Racing down a river from the pastEvery day we're standing in a wind tunnel
Facing down the future coming fast
25. Tell us something random about yourself. Hmmm. What can I tell you? I love to read, I enjoy watching a few telly shows. I love music.
26. Have ever attended a theme party? If yes, do tell.
27. What is your favorite thing about winter? The beauty of the world after snow has fallen and the dull colours of winter are now gorgeous.
28. What was the name of your first pet? The first cat I had was Pussums or Puss-puss. The first cats I had on my own (not living with my parents) were Ariel and Chelsea.
29. What have you done so far this weekend? I was quite sick this weekend. Luis and I went to the Rockaway Mall to have a mani-pedi and then he got a suit and some dress shirts. We came home and we both crashed. Yesterday I put together the August run sheets and then came home and crashed some more. Today won't be too different.
30. Has your humor ever been called “sick”? I'm sure that has happened. Usually it's referred to as "dry".
31. If you could have one thing, what would it be? My health. No more DM II and no more tinnitus. No more overweight body. Whatever I can get.
Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Feel free to stop back and visit other player’s posts. Have a great week. See you next Sunday!