Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your Web space. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!
- When you’re having trouble staying awake, what are some things you do to make sure you don’t drift off to sleep? Loud music, driving with the window open in the winter (I generally avoid driving if I'm tired, but sometimes it happens. I normally pull over if I can or stop to grab something light to eat.) Unfortunately, with the cocktail of meds I have, I nap frequently and have trouble staying awake when I'm that tired.
- What’s most likely to cause you a prolonged period of not enough sleep? Not taking the night-time medication. Sadly, while I nap often during the day, I will go to bed at night and BOING! my eyes are wide open and I can't sleep. Ugh. For my like up until about 8 years ago, I never had trouble sleeping. As the DM II progressed, my sleep is severely affected and I can't do it without meds. It's crazy and sad.
- When you’re going through a prolonged period of not enough sleep, what parts of your daily routine are likely to change, and how? My daily routine is practically non-existent. So I don't know. I hate it when I can't sleep, though. Despite my not having a life, I still need a full night's sleep.
- Who in your life seems regularly to have not enough sleep? Luis is the first to come to mind. He falls asleep at the drop of a hat, but he doesn't sleep a full uninterrupted eight hours, which is what he needs.
- In what ways does your personality change when you go through a prolonged period of not enough sleep? I become short-tempered. I get pissed off easily, which is not normal for me.
Thanks for participating, and have a nice w—ZZZZZZZ…