The Queen's Meme #94 ~ The Love Match Meme

7 Royal Questions on Tuesday

This week has been wide open. In case you haven't noticed, I tend to meme-blog about those things that are concerning me at the moment. Or making me laugh. Or driving me crazy.

I can't get my mind off a conversation I had with a new guy possible love match maybe kinda sorta we'll see acquaintance this week.

He's conservative. But edgy. Liberal with his opinions. But not haphazardly. Tall. A littttttle younger (I said a "little!") and downright challenging. But in a good way. 


1. Which is more important.... romantic chemistry or friendship? Friendship comes first - once a good, solid friendship, then the relationship can slowly develop into into something more than just friendship. Time is the biggest factor after type of relationship; RUSHING is the next killer of relationships.

2. Would you date someone who is much taller or shorter than you? How about older or younger? I will not date men shorter than I; I'm only 5'4", so I prefer someone close to 6'1". More is fine for me as I have all tall men - my father is 6'4", my uncle (before he bent over with age) was 6'7". I can't help but have a height preference.


3. How soon should you bring up past relationships in a new relationship? I suppose whenever you are both ready to discuss it, then that is the time.

4. What is the one red flag you KNOW from past experience to pay attention to when getting to know a new person? If it only it was that easy. There is no such thing as a red flag or any kind of "tell" a person has that means they aren't good relationship material. Maybe they have grown to be good or the last person was what made them not good for a long-term relationship. I refuse to doom anything without giving some one a chance.

5.   When dating someone, what would you consider the ultimate deal breaker? I'm not sure. I haven't had an issue like that come up. Either it worked out or it didn't.

6.  Tell us about a date you had with someone that went all wrong. Oh, boy. I've been with my husband now for well over 21 years... I'd have to think about that. Oh, wait - I thought of one. I really, really liked a kid who was a senior in school - the same high school I'd graduated from two years prior - and he seemed interested but never made a move. So I took the reigns and asked him out. We went out a couple of times and had fun, then one night he came home with me and... well... nothing happened. I shouldn't say that. Something kind of happened. He was all hot and heavy when it came to my pantyhose but wanted nothing to do with the rest of me. I realised this on the next date and dumped him. (He did admit it before I cut him loose.) It was a fiasco. He had no interest in sex, just pantyhose. That sounds like an issue to me.


7. Imagine you have a teenage daughter. She just asked you to give your best dating and relationship advice. What will you say? The best advice I can give is to listen to what your date has to say, don't dominate the conversation, and not to ever be jealous. It is a stupid and wasteful emotion with no benefit. I had to learn it the hard way, but since learning it I've never looked back. I hope she can bypass the learning of it and just be past it already, but it seems unlikely it could be that way.

Comments

Lots of wise advice and answers.

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...