WTF Friday (9-16) - Dipping Your Company Gift in the Fair's Chocolate Fountain

1) I recently received a gift from my employer for making it through five years of employment. It was a stupid pin and key chain. What would you want your employer to give you for a five-year gift? I did get it - a check for a generous amount of money. We did not do things by halves. They still don't. Part time or full, the people reaching an anniversary of 5, 20, 15, 20 and on years get decent gift amounts and not less taxes, which is the right thing to do.

2) The fall season of television is starting. What show are you excited to have return or what new show are you excited to make its first premiere? Well, I am excited about some of the returning shows: Castle, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Grey's Anatomy. But I no longer look forward to this new season as it is clear that more and more television is made for the lowest common denominator. I hate that. I want to see intelligent television, and no one wants to make it. It's very disconcerting. The other problem is that seasons, when I was a kid (so, so long ago), were 24 to 26 episodes. Now, you are lucky to get 16 to 18 episodes. Sheesh.

3) One of my favorite restaurants recently added a chocolate fountain. What would be your favorite thing to dip into the chocolate? Strawberries primarily, but almost anything goes well under chocolate. I mean, really, can anything be bad under chocolate?

4)  I've bought more things on eBay in the last couple months than ever before. What is the last thing you bought over the internet? The last thing was the book Inside Scientology. I haven't started it yet but I'm looking forward to starting it. I just need to finished reading The Wounded Sky, a story about the Enterprise getting a strange new kind of drive that pushes it out of the galaxy. It's written by Diane Duane, who has really brought an incredible richness to Rihannsu (Romulans) and Klinzhai (Klingons) by providing their own language, culture, etc. It is wonderful - if you like Star Trek at all, I highly recommend these books!

5) If you come across a homeless person on a street, do you give him or her money? No, but I will buy him or her a sandwich to make sure they get food, not alcohol or drugs. It is a good feeling and more reliable to do that whenever possible.

6) If you knew you were about to die and had the opportunity to write your own obituary, what is something you'd want to make sure is included? Uh... "He who dies with the most money is still dead. I died happy and broke!"

7) State fair season is in full swing across the U.S. What is your favorite thing to do at a fair? Well, I usually love to go to the Ren Faire but I did not make it this year. I don't know that I have a favourite activity. I just like certain fairs.

8) By some weird twist of fate, you wake up as another person one morning and must carry on with his or her life. What do you miss most about the person you were before? I'd miss my husband and my cats terribly. My house. My father. Far too many things to be willing to take this other person's life. And are they living mine? Will I get mine again? Is it temporary or permanent? I've worked too hard on my life to give it up! (If you had asked me this when I was 16 it would have been a totally different answer, you know...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...