Saturday 9: Tuesday Afternoon

Saturday 9: Tuesday Afternoon

1. Where will you be and doing this Tuesday afternoon? I guess the same thing I do all the time... blog, read, nap. This is my life.

2. Do you belong to any group(s)? Well, I am still an active member of the Parsippany's Rockaway Neck First Aid Squad, I'm just not an actively riding EMT. I can be on committees, though, so I am on the new rig committee and heading the Nominations committee. Both are temporary, but I'm hoping to be on the Executive Board as the Recording Secretary for 2012. The job takes maybe an hour and a half once a month... Stuff I can do.

3. Do you feel energized or drained by being in a group situation? (If the answer is "it depends," on what does it depend?) It does depend... there are a lot of factors. One is that when there is a lot of political bulls**t, it is draining. It is always draining. But other times there is a positive group dynamic and then it is quite energising. So, yes, it does depend.

4. Is there a role you naturally put yourself while adapting when in group situations? I'm just me - WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). I'm not anyone's first choice of anything, simply because I'm not popular. Fine. I get it. But no, I don't take on a different role or personality.

5. In business or formal situations, do you mind hugs or are you offended if it goes past a handshake? That depends, too. Mostly, I had no problem with hugs, because I am a touchy-feely person. But there were a few people who I wasn't that warm and fuzzy with. Both were fine. Normally, a handshake is the safest approach in a business setting.

6. Do you find what we'd call “ice breakers” a playful way to build community in a lighthearted manner, or a complete and utter hell of forced fun and awkwardness? I'll take "utter hell of forced fun and awkwardness", for $5,000, Alex...

7. What word do you use far too frequently? I don't. I also don't use the word "like" as a stuttering filler. It makes me crazy when people do that. The word shows up in one sentence five times. WHAT is that?!

8. What word do you use not frequently enough? Again, none. I pride myself on my excellent English (true English, not American English) skills. I have a very large vocabulary and I like to use it.

9. What word do you use when swearing is not appropriate? When is swearing not appropriate? Ha, ha. I don't use non-swearing [in]appropriate language to replace those words, I just don't use them. One can absolutely make a point and a strong one without any inappropriate language. I learned that as a Human Resources Manager. People had no trouble understanding me and how angry I was without using any non-business language.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

The Longairc-Green Family