WTF Friday - Stealing Hotel Items After Traveling into the Future

1) Cell phones owned by actresses Scarlett Johansson and Mila Kunis were recently hacked, and photos contained on them were leaked to the public. What would you be most afraid of if your phone ever got hacked? Absolutely nothing. There is nothing for anyone to see or steal, other than minutes. I have a stupid phone. It does not have a camera. I have nothing stored in it. I can't do anything with it except make and receive phone calls. It doesn't even have texting enabled. Let 'em hack it.

2) Autumn begins today (Sept. 23). In one word, describe how autumn makes you feel. Warm, crisp, cool (that sounds weird, but it is true) and colourful. Even though Autumn means winter is coming, it is still my favourite season. I love it. It is less than wonderful at the moment (rain and we are expecting 5" of it this weekend, which will not help. We were hard hit by Irene and there are still about four dozen condemned homes here. And Wayne, NJ, where my parents live was even harder hit. We don't need this...) but I am patiently waiting for the sunny, cool, crisp days so I can take images of colourful leaves.

3) When you stay in a hotel, do you steal the towels, slippers, soap, shampoo, and/or anything else in the room? We don't steal towels, unless we are in a really, really upscale hotel - their towels are not as soft as ours. Luis will steal the little bottles of shampoo and shower wash, but I am fussier about my hair and body care, so I pack my own and usually don't use theirs.

4) The vending machines at my office have started dispensing gold dollar coins instead of just giving you back a dollar bill or quarters. This has annoyed some people. How do you feel about receiving the dollar coins opposed to dollar bills? I'd rather get the coins, since I collect one of each minted one (the dollars are releasing each President and the quarters are releasing one each for the United States National Parks - Yellowstone National Park, Glacier National Park, etc. so I have an interest in getting them. Besides, why sweat the small stuff? I wander why people even care, so long as they get their money back, right?

5) Listeria-tainted cantaloupes were shipped to at least 22 states in the U.S. and led to an outbreak that has killed at least eight people. Has this stopped you from consuming cantaloupe? No, I don't care for cantaloupe anyway. This won't affect me. That's too bad that this happened. I do know that there is a contagion of some kind killing a lot of pumpkins, though, and I love getting pumpkins and carving them out for the autumn. I'd hate to have this happen here. I'm not even sure what listeria is... but it sounds dangerous if it killed eight people.

6) A pair of the ruby slippers worn on-screen by Judy Garland in "The Wizard of Oz" will be auctioned off on Dec. 16. What is a piece of movie history that you'd love to own? A piece of movie history... I'd own anything from either the original Star Wars released in 1977 or one of the Star Trek movies. Maybe Spock's ears! That would be cool!

7) I recently overheard a grocery store cashier ask a kid, "What is your favorite monster?" The boy answered "Spiderman." With Halloween approaching, I want to know what your favorite monster is (and I mean a "real" monster, not a superhero like Spiderman). I'd have to say my only favourite monster is the orange hairy monster from Warner Brothers' Bugs Bunny cartoons. What was he called? Hold on... I can't find his name. I also love Witch Hazel (with all the hairpins that follow her) and of course, there is the vampire. My favourite episode is when Bugs is walking through the castle singing, "Abraca Pocus" and turns the count into a bat with his human head! If I had to pick a non-animated character, I would say it would be the monster from the Schwarzeneggar movie Predator.

8) European researchers said they clocked a subatomic particle going faster than the speed of light, which contradicts Einstein's theory of relativity. This led my coworkers to partake in a conversation about it meaning that one day time travel may one day be possible. If you could travel through time, what time period would you go to and why? You want me to pick just ONE?! Oh, no... I would not be able to confine my time travel to just one era. So many to pick from! I'd go to see the fourteenth century - see the plague and then the fall of fuedalism. Then there would be the reformation of the Catholic into Protestantism. And the Renaissance. And the Civil War... Ancient Greece... ancient Egypt... so many choices, so many times!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...