WTF Thursday - Dear Diary, I Named an Elephant Today...

1) Next week is my 30th birthday, but I'm boycotting it because I am not ready to leave my 20s behind. What has been the toughest birthday for you so far? None of them, not as an adult. When I was 13, my mother turned 40 and had a total meltdown. She just went nuts. I refuse to be that way. I see it as this or being dead, so give me birthdays, please! I also love my birthday and feel it should be a national holiday.

The closest thing I can think of as the toughest birthday was when I turned 13. I wanted to wake up and have breasts and a curvy woman's body, not the board that I still looked like. Keep in mind that none of us looked like we were growing into women right then - some were showing small signs and some nothing, not like kids today who are starting menarche at age 9... I was very disappointed that I woke up looking the same as always. I also wanted to get my period when I was that age, again because it was a sign of womanhood. I'm so glad I'm done with that age range!

2) In general, what is your favorite ride at an amusement park? The more upside down it goes and the more loop-de-loops it does, the happier I am!

3) Recently the Oklahoma City Zoo held a contest to name its newest elephant baby. With today (Sept. 22) being Elephant Appreciation Day, what would you name an elephant if you could name one? Peanut Butter. I don't know why, it just seems fitting.

4) On Sept. 22, 1920, the Band-Aid was invented. What is something you wish you could cover up with a Band-Aid? My fat stomach. Wouldn't that be cool? One band-aid and you can go to the beach looking svelte without having to torture yourself to lose the weight.

5) Other than gasoline, what do you frequently purchase at a gas station? Nothing. I very rarely go into the store that is part of it. I only ever buy fuel. Besides, the mark up in those places is an outrage.

6) If you had to eat only three different foods for the rest of your life, what would they be? Hawaiian pizza, Pineapple fried rice and Smarties!

7) Today (Sept. 22) is Dear Diary Day. Finish this sentence: "Dear Diary, I wish I knew ..." ...when my Long Term Disability is going to come through from the state."

8) Would you rather have children and make a decent salary or have no kids and make a great salary? I think you know the answer to that. The latter, please. Although I never cared how much I made so long as I was happy, and I was very happy. But I'm much happier living my child-free life. So the accurate answer is "I'd rather have no children regardless of my income."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...