The Queen's Meme #96 - 7 Royal Questions on Tuesday

I would like to confess. About the cats. 
I know it's un-American and a downright insult to my beloved Cat Blogosphere to not be a cat person but alas, I am not. Do you see the grief I put my poor dog Homer through? And he's just an internet dog!
I tried to be a cat person. Once. But I failed. Cats just don't like me. They hiss and spit and run in the other direction. Cats do not meow softly at me, they crouch in attack position and prepare the claws. I cannot retaliate because I might break a nail. Hence, I cannot even protect myself from cats. The only cats I get along with are the cats from The Cat Blogosphere. They are wonderful wonderful kitties with hoomans to look after. Of that I am sure. And none of them - yet- has spit at me.
And they sure fly some marvelous peace globes.






We shall talk cats this week. Puuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

1. Do you have a cat? I have two, Siobhan, who is feral and will always be feral, and Sorcha, who is the opposite. (That is me with Sorcha, who was not as interested in being in the picture.) They are only 3 and 2 years old. From 1990 to 2008, I had two cats, Ariel and Chelsea. They lived great, long, happy lives and were my babies. When I was a kid, my grandparents had a Siamese cat, Fuji, and my father had a cat Figaro, and I had Puss-Puss and Johnny Walker Red, usually just called Johnny. Yes, you could say I'm a cat person.

2. What is your cat's name? I covered all this already... Oops! :)

3. What makes you love cats? They are totally independent but they still love me, even the feral Siobhan. They have that "bite me" attitude... I am not one for the total subservience of dogs, although I do love dogs, too. I just don't love them enough to own them. (If something happened to my parents, I'd take them, though.)

4. If you are not a cat person, why not? We covered that, too.

5. What is the funniest thing your cat has ever done? The list is endless! They do riotous things all the time!

6. Do you think cats have feelings and can talk to their owners? Well, they absolutely have feelings - all animals do. Do they talk to me? Not as such - but they communicate their feelings just as clearly as if they could talk. There is no mistaking what they are thinking at any given time.

Here is Siobhan, my little spitfire cat. She looks so innocent here, but don't let her fool you!

7. The Rainbow Bridge is the place where cats go when they pass away. I think it's a lovely idea. If humans could have a bridge of their own in the afterlife, what would you name it? Oh, my... I don't know. I always tell people I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the Saints! (I'm sure you can picture that about me...)

Photo: This is Sorcha. She learned very early on that this kind of behaviour gets her all sorts of warm fuzzies and that there is no end to the affection she can reap from this! And the funniest part is that the other cat, Siobhan, who is not at all a performer, does the same thing now, when she wants to get fed, because of the same thing - that positive reinforcement! Isn't this the cutest thing?


BONUS POINTS! Post a picture of you and your cat.
How many bonus points did I get for that?

This is my Persian Patticakes. If you go to my blog you can see me pet her. She has been sitting on my blog for five years now. I've never had to feed her! She's not grumpy and cantankerous like Homer either. Maybe if I had a real cat like Patticakes, I could be a cat person too.

You need my second cat, Sorcha. She's part Maincoon, about 17lbs, and she is a lover-cat! She purrs, she lays on my lap and next to me all afternoon, and she is always in whatever room I am in. She is the fuzz of my life! Unlike Siobhan, who tolerates us mere mortals, Sorcha is just a ball of love! She's also a complete chicken-kitty. It is ironic that the largest creature in the house is afraid of everyone else who comes to the house!

Comments

CrystalChick said…
Aw, sweet pictures! Our Greta was rescued by hubby as a tiny kitten but she still has that Philadelphia alley cat attitude at times. (he found her on a job site over there)
You just never know if she'll allow you to pet her or not... 'til it's too late and you're looking for a band-aid or a tourniquet. ha

I don't have much luck getting into the Queen's meme site. It doesn't load right for some reason. I tried today, again. *sigh*
So I ended up doing the 'Two 4 Tuesday' photo from another page.

Ooh, I managed two posts today. While the horoscope mention won't thrill ya, the attached video just might! :) Stop by Ash, I miss ya!!!

Hope you are having a good week!

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...