WTF Wednesday - It's my Birthday & I'll Ask Stupid Questions if I Want To

1) Today (Sept. 28) is National Ask A Stupid Question Day. What is the stupidest question you've been asked lately? (Feel free to include one of my meme questions if you so choose. I can handle it.) The stupidest question I've been asked... The Short term disability poeple asked me if I am disabled. No. I'm just seeing if you would take a request and pay me if I'm not disabled... Here's your sign! (I'm quoting Bill Engvall on that last comment, "Here's your sign!")
2) When someone says "We need to talk" to you, what is usually the first thing that runs through your mind? That the topic is not a positive one. Isn't that what runs through everyone's mind?

3) If someone rearranged your living room, what is the first thing you would look for? The remotes: the TiVO, the Samsung surround sound/DVD/Aux and HDMI 2 players, the Mac Mini, and the fireplace remote. This is a sad statement, but it is true. Then I would look for the kitty condo and all their toys.

4) With my birthday this week, I received many emails from various companies offering me free food or other free little gifts. (Click here if you want a list of some freebies you can get.) What's something you'd love to get free for your birthday? What wouldn't I want for free for my birthday? I'm avaricious.

5) You have a minor car wreck and are not injured, but a lawyer says you can sue because it was the other person's fault. Do you sue? No. In New Jersey, one gets a large discount off his or her insurance to pass the chance to pursue "frivolous lawsuits" - it is called the Tort Threshold. This threshold considered my accident in 2001 frivolous. A 17-year-old guy hit me on foot while driving a Nissan Pathfinder. I did not share their view but I was not going to go against their ruling.

6) A cracked.com writer recently wrote an article listing "5 ways you know it's time to get married." What advice would you give someone wondering if he/she was ready to get married? Don't take anyone else's advise. When you are ready to get married, you will know. If you don't know, don't do it. There is no other reason to get married. I would also suggest living together anyway - you can work out all those little kinks before you get married!

7) Now that it is officially autumn, what is your favorite color of fall leaf? A deep, vibrant red. I love that. I love them all, though. The yellows, reds, oranges, purples, etc.

8) Do you remember ever raking up leaves and jumping into a pile of them? Sure - all the time when I was a kid. I wouldn't try this without a big-ass pile of leaves now. I would likely hit the bottom... hurt myself.

9) In general, do you find yourself more attracted to people with similar or different interests, life experiences, political beliefs, and religious backgrounds? Usually, I would bond with people who have a mix of each. I'd be a little nervous if someone had all of my traits than none of them.

10) What works best for you on a sad day? Usually music works to keep me out of the blues. Sometimes the distraction of the telly and hot tea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

The Longairc-Green Family