Saturday 9: Money Grabber

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: Money Grabber

1. Has anyone ever intentionally ripped you off? Or perhaps unintentionally? Yes, I have been ripped off intentionally, by a girl I was friends with years ago. She was a horror.

2. When was the last time that you made a quip that fell completely flat and embarrassed you? It happens often enough. Sometimes people don't get the super-dry (or sarcastic) sense of humour. I don't feel embarrassed by it.

3. When you go to sleep, does it you need to be absolutely quiet or do you need a little noise (radio, TV, music or white)? I prefer absolute quiet. Unfortunately with TiVO, I can't set the television to go off on its own, so I end up being woken at some hideous hour and turning it off after it has become exponentially louder. Annoying.

4. Do you have a memorable "ripped clothing" moment in your life? No? How about in someone else's? (Come on, you know you have something to contribute!) Sure, jeans that have worn out at the knees. I am most certainly not going to PAY for shredded clothing. I used to shred tee shirts when I was a teenager, though. I've never liked tee shirts anyway.

5. What's changed on your blog since its inception? ...a redo? ...a change of pace? ...or is it still business as usual? Oh, no, I change it periodically, much like I do the house. I get bored with the way it looks and change it up. But I have to say I really like the way it looks just now (the background I found through Blogger and I put up my own images), so I don't think I will change that for some time.

6. Can you remember where you were in life ten years ago? If you could travel back in time and whisper something to yourself ten years ago, what would it be? Live it up now, because in a short time you will not be able to do all you are doing now. Muscular dystrophy will slow you down. Oh, and save your money now and stop spending because in March 2011 you will have to stop working and your income will be predicated on STD and LTD payments, which are not much at all. (Being the idiot I am, I spent it all. I don't regret it per se, but I am learning at this very late date what it means to be on a fixed income and it would have been much easier when I was 33, not 43.)

7. Okay, let's have it! What's the craziest, most impulsive thing you've ever done? Oh, goodness, me oh my. I seduced a guy up at the Renaissance Faire the night of the Cast & Crew party. I had been wanting him the whole season, and he was kind of interested, but did not go for the offers. But that night at the party, he was fairly drunk - drink enough to seduce and not so drunk that he could not rise to the occasion. We spent the night screwing in the back of his car. It was impulsive and safe sex and a huge amount of fun. The next day he looked weird and told me he was engaged and was awkward around me for the next several years at the faire. I told him that morning that I was only looking for one night with him, and it would never come up in conversation with another soul. And had he said something about being engaged before I seduced him, I wouldn't have done it. I personally had a perfectly wonderful time and have no regrets whatsoever.

8. If you were having a bad day what or who would you turn to for comfort?I would turn to different people for different issues. I would turn to Ray for most things that go on in my life. Certainly when it comes to being "retired early" due to illness and feeling as I do because I'm not working, he is the right party to speak to - he is unemployed for the exact same reasons. With general issues and having a whinge about parents, families or anything she is going through, I have Holly. We understand each other in a way that transcends all else.

9. According to the song White Rabbit, "one pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small". If you were offered these pills today, which pill would you take and where would it take you? If it a choice between just large and small, well, I'd opt for small - but I want complete control over the changes it would make.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

Comments

annies home said…
I so know what you mean why buy shredded jeans when it can be worn that way naturally

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...