3x Thursday - Yes, Yet Another Meme

I suppose it is inevitable that I'll add a meme to my blog for every day of the week, until, as usual, I get bored of the idea. (Which may not be for a really, really long time!)

Just for your edification: “meme n (mëm): A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another. From the Greek mimëma, something imitated, from mimeisthai, to imitate.” In Blogspeak, a meme is an idea that is shared and passed from blog to blog, like a question posted in one blog and answered in many other blogs.

3x Thursday: 07/31/y2k+8: Your Views

(I suppose it'd help if I posted it on the correct date, eh? I for someone reason thought today was 8/1...wishful thinking I suppose)

1. Environmental: What do you think of the environment, people trying to 'save' it, etc?

I think to a large degree it is a phase and popular. Obviously everone has their own idea of how to save the environment, as there are still far too many drivers of SUVs out and about, despite the soaring prices of fuel. (Although the price in New Joisey dropped from $4.17 to $4.04 in a week and I was DELIGHTED! How sad is that?)

We have solar energy now, two panels on the south side of the roof and fifty-five on the front. You can't miss them - the front is covered with big, glossy panels that do match the roof beautifully but still stand out as panels, not normal roofing. However, while we are more green than many, some of that greeness relates directly to money - solar power has given us some savings on [hot water] natural gas usage; the big savings, however, is on the electric. Our monthly bill went from $312 to $70 (DAMN!!), and that is a huge reason to be green.

The state of New Jersey also subsidised this by paying 52% of the cost to do this.

2. Political: Even if you don't pay attention to politics, what's important to you regarding how this country continues to evolve (or devolve)?

Getting Bush out of office and someone who has half a brain in it! (While we are at it, let's have Al Gore blacklisted. What a moron. Let's-save-the-environment-so-I-can-take-from-it Al Gore!

3. Personal: Are you happy? Why/why not?

Gods, yes. I'm generally a happy person! I'm up early, we had no calls last night, the sun is shining, I'm listening to music (right now the soundtrack to Ratatouille, one of the best movies extant), and it is a beautiful day. What is not to be happy about?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...